This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
The Faculty Member s responsibilities are broken down into the areas of Instruction, Administrative Responsibility/Service to the University, Curriculum Responsibilities, Professional Responsibilities and additional assigned duties.
* Maintains acceptable course pass rates by using a variety of graded and non-graded assessments to evaluate student learning and explains procedures for evaluating student performance; receives acceptable classroom student end of course survey rating and participation rates.
* Maintains acceptable attendance rates by employing a variety of active learning techniques to engage students in the learning process and uses effective classroom management skills.
* Is well-organized, on-time , and prepared for the entire scheduled class period as demonstrated by presenting material in a logical and coherent manner and showing how the part relates to the larger topic.
* Employs a variety of active learning techniques to engage students by demonstrating a student-centered approach to teaching (i.e. focuses on learners needs and adapts methods; maintains a respectful and collaborative environment, encourages students to ask questions and actively participate, and asks questions that promote critical thinking and analysis).
* Demonstrates mastery of and currency in subject matter by incorporating practitioner experience in teaching (i.e. examples and relevant assignments and activities); incorporates up-to-date subject-matter expertise that reflects current trends in the field of study; and displays an ability to clarify abstract and complex ideas by using examples and analogies.
* Utilizes iPads/ Moodle and other technology in the classroom to enhance learning.
II. Administrative Responsibilities and Service to the University
* Performs administrative duties in a timely manner; attendance, midterm and final grades entered as required and attends scheduled campus and university-wide faculty meetings.
* Promptly contacts students who have missed classes and documents contact in the Faculty Portal (Campus Vue).
* Keeps regular office hours and meets with students; assists students by referring students to the appropriate person/resources.
* Knows and supports ECPI University catalog and program specific academic policies.
* Maintains classrooms, skills labs and computer labs.
III. Curriculum Responsibilities (10%)
* Completes faculty surveys, makes recommendations to the curriculum, and engages in curriculum meetings.
* Continuously provides suggestions for Moodle links and other multimedia, suggests improvements to labs.
* Assists in developing the University's curriculum and/or contributing course materials and uses the approved curriculum as found in Sharepoint/Moodle.
* Participates in program assessment and institutional effectiveness.
* Presents academic programs positively to applicants and the community.
* Professional Responsibilities and additional assigned duties
* Complies with all academic and regulatory policies including FERPA confidentiality of personal information provided by the students.
* Models professionalism (i.e. acts as a role model for professional behavior and attitude).
* Demonstrates continued professional development and maintains qualifications through ongoing education.
* Attends graduation (required), and actively participates in campus activities; for example, staff meetings, open houses, student award ceremonies, club advisor .
* Represents the University in a positive manner to internal and external constituents.
* If Assigned - Club Advisor or Co-Clubs and Groups.
* Master s degree in Communications or a Master s degree with 18 graduate semester hours in the discipline from a regionally accredited educational institution.
Applied or practical work experience preferred; 2 years teaching or presentation experience a plus.
* Excellent oral and written communication
* Ability to create and maintain relationships
* Ability to work with a variety of learning styles and skill levels
* Ability to adapt to changing assignments, organize and prioritize workflow
* Strong time management skills and detail-orientation
* Working knowledge of computer applications and the ability to quickly learn new computer software
* Experience with distance learning or learning management systems (LMS) preferred
What does ECPI University have to offer*
* A focus on students and academic excellence
* Small class sizes
* Professional work environment
* Talented and committed co-workers
* An adult-focused accelerated schedule
* An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
* Competitive compensation & benefits plan
ECPI University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.