Communications Manager - Affordable Housing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Monroe Group, Ltd
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Communications Manager creates and implements communications programs, both internal and external, that effectively describe and promote the organization. This role includes researching and writing material, coordinating producton of communication material such as internal and external web sites, department brochures, graphics materials, newsletters, and advertisements; and supporting the communication needs of assigned departments. Promotes the image of the company to the public at large, particulary the real estate, investment, and lending communities and city and state officials and community groups.
* Develop and execute message and materials related to external communications including: press releases, company announcements and brand management.
* Manages media lists, collects and organizes copies of media coverage and keeps records of media pitches and results. Develops and pitches story ideas to media.
* Oversee company/property award and PR program; secure media coverage of company and property milestones, conduct all crisis communication and media relations.
* Manages the creation and distribution of all internal and external marketing and communications and related materials.
* Manages the creation and distribution of Monroe Employee newsletter/oversee internal announcements.
* Assists in the planning and execution of Special Events for internal and external venues, including company functions, grand opening parties, etc.
* Media / Crisis contact for all properites
* Any other task assigned by management
* Confident communicator and presenter
* Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally
* Graphic and web design skills preferred but not required
* Excellent organizational and planning skills
* Superior project management and time management skills
* Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital/social media
* Self motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
* Knowledge of the principles and practices of journalism, marketing, and public relations
* Ability to understand and exercise discretion with highly sensitive and confidential material and information
* Ability to research and apply new knowledge and ideas to current issues
* Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
* Qualifications for this position are a Bachelor's or Associates degree in marketing, public relations, and communcations or closely related field. Must demonstrate strong competency in writing and experience in social media tools. 5+ years of experience is preferred.
* Maintains a Professional Appearance and Upbeat Presence