This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Nokia Siemens Networks
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. Powered by the innovation of Nokia Bell Labs and Nokia Technologies, we are at the forefront of creating and licensing the technologies that are increasingly at the heart of our connected lives. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. http://nokia.com
The role of the Communications Manager is to increase the company's positive recognition, share of voice and mindshare with the trade and business media worldwide with regard to the companys IP routing and optical transport products, and Nuage software defined networking (SDN) offerings. He/she will serve as an advisor to both the IP Optical Networks (ION) business line and Nuage leadership and marketing teams on communications strategy. He/she will be responsible for the design and implementation of comprehensive media outreach campaigns -- including message development, media pitching, facilitation of briefings and press events -- around key product and/or feature developments. This individual also will be responsible for supporting adjacent outreach efforts on the part of the regional communications teams. A strong focus on metrics and best practices (internal, external) is expected.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Propose and coordinate the development of innovative and impactful means of engaging with the key trade and business media worldwide.
* Conduct outreach to key trade media on key priority topics, including products, feature development, thought leadership initiatives and customer success stories.
* Serve as a key point of contact for trade media, including handling direct outreach and responding to inquiries from reporters.
* Advise and support the marketing primes on media outreach activities, including creation and validation of press releases, development of media pitches, production of by-lined articles and engagement with media to achieve maximum impact.
* Develop and implement Social media outreach plan, and build company Twitter presence and content delivery and manage appropriate blog contributions directly and through various team leaders and experts.
* Manage relations with key partners and suppliers around media relations outreach and engagement, including development of press releases and joint participation in events.
* Develop and maintain media outreach collateral including fact sheets, talking points, Q&A documents and pitches on behalf of the ION teams.
* Develop, facilitate and execute crisis communications programs as needed.
* Review and help to develop Internal communications content and vehicles as needed.
* Support Regional communications teams in their engagements with the key business media and local press, including helping to develop responses to media inquiries.
These activities will leverage the global Nokia Press Network and will support the effective communication of the companys positioning and messages. He/she will manage third party agencies as deemed appropriate to ensure goals and objectives are met.
* 7 - 10 years experience in Marketing or Public Relations
* Excellent writing skills
* Fluent spoken and written English.
* Strong editing and copywriting skills.
* Solid understanding of the companys technology, markets and customers.
* Responsive and pro-active, with solid planning skills.
* Knowledge of measurement techniques and best practices.
* Well-developed abilities in the areas of diplomacy and negotiation.
* Familiarity with the processes and procedures of both trade and business media.
* Understanding of popular social media tools, and comfort with adoption of new apps.
* General understanding of the industrys competitive landscape.
* Some travel required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.