This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp.
North Charleston, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
The Communications Manager located in Charleston will manage the communication needs for the Charleston Mill and it's affiliated locations. Filling in as needed for the Director of Public Affairs and Communications. This position will also be responsible for the utilization of multiple communication channels to enhance employees' understanding and engagement in the company strategy, values and business initiatives. Position has responsibility to interact with governmental, business and community leaders where we conduct business to enhance corporate citizen standing and discuss key issues important to the Company.
* Responsible for the management of employee newsletters, various mill reports, management of the Mill Wide Communications System, and management of communications needs on the mill intranet system. Includes a major emphasis on supporting the communications needs of the Health and Safety department.
* Supports management of the activities of state and local legislative lobbyist program including fulfilling South Carolina Ethics Commission requirements.
* Manages community outreach program through the Retirees Association. Position also works closely with community programs through the City of North Charleston and other partner organizations. Position is responsible for coordinating special programs and managing major campaign drives
* Serves as spokesperson, during Director's absence, for the business unit including leading crisis communications and media relations. Assists corporate senior management with media relations needs.
* Provides support for the delivery of presentations, messages and other communications
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Bachelor's degree in Communications or Business Administration. Master's degree preferred.
Previous Work Experience
* Minimum of 5 years of professional communications-related experience with a strong background in written communications.
* Experience in industrial setting is desired. Adobe InDesign, graphics capabilities and Microsoft Office skills are desired.
* Outstanding creative, oral and written communication skills are required
* Proven ability to communicate in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
* Local travel may be required
* Able to work on-call
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled