This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 3/2/2017
HOK Group, Inc.
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
HOK is a global design, architecture, engineering and planning firm committed to creating places that enrich people s lives and help organizations succeed.
We are currently seeking a Communications Specialist to join our firm-wide communications team in St. Louis or New York. This position is responsible for writing and publishing content for external and internal audiences in alignment with HOK s business, marketing and communications strategies.
The Communications Specialist works closely with firm leaders and designers to prepare written content, articles and white papers, news releases, project descriptions, social media posts and internal communications.
The successful candidate must be an excellent writer and editor.
* Responsible for creating content and delivering HOK s messages to its external and internal audiences in alignment with the firm's business, marketing and communications strategies.
* Writes effective communications materials, articles and white papers, news releases, project descriptions, social media posts, internal communications, award submittals and presentations.
* Leads the creative development, design and production of editorial projects.
* Creates content for HOK.com and the firm's social media network while monitoring digital publishing trends and their impact on the HOK brand.
SKILLS + COMPETENCIES
* Excellent writing and editing skills.
* Familiar with the issues and business drivers associated with the design and development of buildings, communities and interior spaces.
* Aptitude for comprehending and communicating technical information to diverse audiences.
* Experience developing and strengthening relationships with colleagues, executives and news media.
* Fluency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign is required.
* Experience with online content management systems (such as WordPress), email campaign systems (such as MailChimp) and social media is required.
* Familiarity with search engine optimization/search engine marketing is beneficial.
* Photo and video shooting and editing skills are beneficial.
* Basic HTML knowledge is beneficial.
EDUCATION + EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor s degree in journalism, communications or related field.
* 4+ years of experience as a writer within the architecture/design, commercial development or news media industries or related field.
All applications must include a resume and a cover letter that explains why you are interested in this position and why HOK should be interested in you as a candidate. The letter should answer these questions:
* How do you see yourself relating to HOK's mission* Why*
* What is it about our work that you most identify with* Why*
* How can an exceptionally designed building improve people's lives*
HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
St Louis, Missouri, United States
HOK is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer