Community Manager, LGBT Campaign
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Rescue | The Behavior Change Agency
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Company
Rescue provides behavior change marketing services (or "social marketing") to government, non-profit and corporate organizations. Rescue's current work focuses on tobacco, obesity, violence and alcohol prevention; the promotion of exercise, fresh foods and after school programs; and other products and services that promote healthy living. Most of Rescue's behavior change campaigns focus on teens (13 - 17) and young adults (18 - 26), resulting in unrivaled experience in adolescent behavior change campaigns.
Rescue is a full-service agency, providing research, strategy, creative, production, web, traditional media, social media, policy change, youth engagement and experiential marketing services to clients in over a dozen states and provinces, as well as to federal government agencies.
We believe that marketing can do more than sell goods, it can create good.
Rescue is searching for a professional and experienced Community Manager with LGBT cultural expertise to establish, maintain and expand the social media presence of its newest LGBT brand. This is a long-term campaign that will primarily focus on tobacco prevention. The LGBT Campaign Community Manager role will implement effective and cutting-edge strategies to build the audience, increase sustained engagement and drive traffic to campaign media on platforms such as Tumblr, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
The Community Manager reports to the Social Media Manager and is responsible for managing the conversation and presence of client(s) on social media channels. The job of the Community Manager entails activities pertaining to, but not limited to:
* Ensure regular dissemination of campaign messages through social media channels (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, etc.);
* Ensure all outbound content is formatted and tagged correctly for reporting purposes;
* Draft appropriate responses to public commentary in a timely manner, especially in cases of negative sentiment and/or social media communication crises;
* Monitor conversations and generate insights/future strategy recommendations;
* Strictly adhere to brand Social Media Guidelines and Processes;
* Promote best practices and stay up to date on changes in the social media space.
* Develop innovative strategies to drive traffic to social media pages and engage young adults in conversation;
* Develop creative concepts for online media such as sharable images, videos, post copy, etc.;
Metrics and Reporting:
* Compile client reports that capture moderation activity on social channels;
* Contribute to the development of policies, guidelines and reporting to create efficiencies across community management process.
* Other duties as required.
* Bachelor's Degree OR 5 years relevant experience;
* Experience and success with social media for business purposes (Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.);
* Experience using an enterprise-level Social Media Management System (Sprinklr, BuddyMedia, Shoutlet, Tracx, etc.);
* Cultural experience with LGBT audiences;
* Experience and success with driving follower growth and engagement;
* Experience writing, building and optimizing social media content;
* Experience analyzing social media metrics;
* Strong verbal communication skills;
* Strong editing/writing skills for various social media content, client reports, marketing materials, etc.;
* Proven ability to generate original and creative content for social media.