Community Relations Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/14/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONWNET is seeking a detail-oriented individual with an ability to form strategic partnerships and create cross-promotional marketing opportunities with allied institutions. The Community Relations Specialist role is key to the success of the department and is responsible for managing and implementing strategic community based initiatives that align with WNET’s vision to further expand WNET’s brand, viewership and member base.
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Community Relations, the Community Relations Specialist identifies, manages, supports and evaluates WNET’s external partner population. In addition, the Community Relations Specialist is responsible for planning, overseeing and implementing assigned community initiatives which includes logistics, event management and partner stewardship. Additional responsibilities include:
• Implementing community relations initiatives;
• Building and maintaining lasting relationships with new and existing partners;
• Researching and negotiating with event related venues/vendors;
• Maintaining venue and catering contacts and database as needed;
• Generating end of the year report;
• Managing digital content for website and e-newsletter;
• Working closely with Development and related colleagues to communicate the impact of WNETs programs to external stakeholders;
• Special projects and administrative responsibilities necessary to support the department.
Qualified candidates will have a BA/BS or equivalent work experience along with at least 3 years relevant experience. Candidates with community relations, communications, marketing, event planning and/or public relations preferred. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal and communication skills, including ease and professionalism on the phone, in writing, and in person; the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. Strong technology skills that include CMS, Adobe and Word Press will be needed. The ability to work with a flexible schedule is necessary as late evenings and occasional weekends will be required.
Apply online at: www.wnet.org/careers.
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019
No phone calls, please.
WNET is an Equal Opportunity Employer.