Community Resources Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
North Shore Physicians Group(NSPG)
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Community Resource Specialist, as a member of the Integrated Care Management Program (iCMP) team, collaborates to enhance the delivery of patient care services along the continuum of care. The Community Resource Specialist works with iCMP RN High Risk Care Managers and iCMP Social Workers to ensure that participating iCMP patients are receiving the services they need to achieve an optimum quality of life. The position requires a high degree of flexibility, independence and willingness to participate in multiple activities and provide support to all members of the iCMP team. A successful candidate in this position must have strong communication skills and be able to comfortably converse with patients and their caregivers, primary care and specialty physicians and practice staff, the iCMP team members and North Shore Medical Center (NSMC) and North Shore Physician Group (NSPG) administration.
The Community Resource Specialist is responsible for assisting and supporting the iCMP team in advocating for all iCMP patients. The Community Resource Specialist upon referral by the iCMP RN High Risk Care Manager or another member of the iCMP team will work with patients in supporting the patients' care plans. Additionally, the Community Resource Specialist will assume the responsibility of continually researching, compiling, organizing and communicating the vast array of services available and appropriate for the iCMP patient population.
* Demonstrated assessment and problem solving skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Goal oriented and accountable in complex medical environment.
* Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and SharePoint.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills and demonstrates appropriate judgment in decision making.
* Must have ability to interact effectively with a wide range of personalities, ages, and diverse cultural backgrounds.
* Demonstrates appropriate communication skills for the patient population.
* Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and demonstrate performance agility in a continuously changing environment.
Experience: Minimum 5 years work experience required, 2 of which must be in a related field.
Preferred: At least 2 years work experience with demonstrated experience and skills necessary to
support the provision of high risk care management services.
Education: Minimum Bachelor's degree, or High School degree with 5 years directly related experience.