This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TO BECOME A NAME BEHIND THE FLAME!
For more than 70 years, people all across America have relied on Ferrellgas for their home, business, and agricultural needs.
Why work at Ferrellgas* Because Ferrellgas maintains a friendly, family, competitive atmosphere within a growing Organization that currently stands second largest in the U.S. Our blue trucks stand at the forefront of green efforts by means of new propane fueled initiatives such as autogas. Performance improvement is expected and is facilitated through in house competitions and annual employee recognition awards.
We strive to hire and retain the most elite employees, several of which have been featured in Ingram's "Top 40 under 40" lists. Not only does Ferrellgas care about the Employee, we care about the Employee's family as well; which is why we offer a scholarship program for the children of our Employees. Not to mention Ferrellgas is a Fortune 1000 company!
If you want to be part of a winning Organization, join the Ferrellgas Team today!
Under general direction, this position assists in the development, implementation and administration of compensation programs for the organization. The primary focus of this position is to perform the monthly commission calculations for the sales force. The incumbent also evaluates job descriptions for salaried exempt and nonexempt positions. This position is responsible for preparing submission data to the various compensation surveys. The incumbent assists in the development of pay administration programs, reviews changes in wages and salaries for conformance to company policy and commission plan administration. The incumbent performs audits on the internal equity of positions and application of existing jobs to individuals. Typically requires a Bachelor's level degree in Human Resource or Accounting and 2 to 3 years related compensation work experience. CCP certification is preferred.
* Administers monthly sales commission plans. Prepares the commission documents, calculates the potential commission payments, and works with upper management on commission payment approval. Prepares monthly accounting journal entries for annual commission compensation plans.
* Evaluates job descriptions for exempt and nonexempt positions throughout Ferrellgas. Prices positions using external market data.
* Gathers the information for annual salary survey participation and prepares returned survey information for management review.
* Prepares various analytical reports using a variety of sources.
* Assists with a variety of projects including program design, analysis, budgeting, and implementation of new programs.
* Administers base pay and monthly commission programs including annual focal point review. This position will assist on the annual incentive programs.
* Documents procedures to streamline processes and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements of Sarbanes-Oakley.
* Works with HRIS team to ensure that the PeopleSoft system meets compensation needs and is updated to reflect changes to base pay structures, commission programs, etc.
* Maintains required records in accordance with Ferrellgas policies, objectives and applicable government laws and regulations.
* Assists Managers by answering questions regarding the various compensation analysis performed on jobs, salary market, and commission calculations.
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resource or Accounting or other related field
* 2 to 3 years related Human Resources or Compensation experience
* CCP certification preferred
* PeopleSoft experience preferred
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word, Access, etc.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical and organizational skills
* Basic understanding of benefit contract language
* Good understanding of payroll, accounting and finance
Ferrellgas offers competitive pay, a comprehensive cafeteria style benefits package, a wellness credit, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, paid holidays, vacation, and bonus potential.