Compensation Analyst (Temp to Perm)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID: 20160913-8239-JB
Company Name: Verisk Analytics
Verisk Analytics is a global supplier of risk assessment services and decision analytics for customers in a variety of markets, including insurance, healthcare, financial services, supply chain, and others. We re a thriving public company with solid revenue growth and earnings and offices worldwide. And we re continually looking for ways to augment our existing markets and expand into new markets with excellent growth potential. At Verisk, you ll be part of an organization that s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
Seeking candidates for a temp to perm full-time Compensation Analyst position Monday through Friday 9am-5pm (plus some overtime during peak year-end activities) in our Jersey City worldwide headquarters.
This position your key responsibilities will be:
* Evaluate job positions, determining classification, exempt or non-exempt status, and salary
* Work with managers to prepare and update job descriptions. Maintain job description books and online job description folder
* Assist in preparing and maintaining personnel records and handbooks
* Assist in analysis of trends in sales incentives, base and variable. Analyze market data to validate competitive pay practices
* Exposure to executive compensation. Assist in benchmarking and designing of executive pay strategies
* Assist and/or take responsibility for compensation analyses as directed by manager.
* Assist in the participation of salary surveys
* Assist in the review and integration of compensation plans due to acquisitions
* Prepare reports (Affirmative Action, EEO1 Reporting, Workers Compensation Reporting, Run Monthly Queries) and compile data for market benchmark requests
* Resolve time and labor problems, i.e., adjusting PTO banks, transferring staff to appropriate division and alpha, correcting timesheet approval relationships
* Bachelor s degree required
* 3-5 years experience in the analysis, design, and/or administration of compensation programs
* General compensation knowledge including compliance with the state and federal laws that apply to the plans
* Strong problem solving, communication, organization and presentation skills
* Must be able to work independently as well in a team environment
* Must be fluent in Microsoft Excel and Word. Knowledge of PeopleSoft (version 8.3 or 8.9) a plus.
The successful applicant must pass a criminal background verification and employment reference checks.
If this opportunity looks exciting and challenging to you, please click Submit Now to apply.
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.