This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPRIMARY CHARACTERISTICS
The Compensation Consultant will provide customer-focused compensation consultation at all levels of the Company. The position will lead variable pay design and analysis for an assigned client group to ensure all plans are competitive and designed to motivate desired behaviors. The position will also focus on conducting research to analyze and implement revised procedures to ensure best practices. Other job duties include job analysis, survey analysis, annual review processes and training on compensation topics. The position is the subject matter expert for compensation related activities for assigned client groups and provides guidance and training to members of the compensation team.
* Serves as a strategic partner, providing analysis, expertise and consultative services to managers in developing job descriptions and determining appropriate compensation for positions.
* Develops compensation programs and solutions that align with corporate values, goals, objectives, initiatives, and strategy.
* Leads or participates in complex compensation projects to ensure compliance with organizational policies.
* Participates in the management and maintenance of the performance management and compensation system administration ensuring data integrity of all systems.
* Participates in developing the process and timeline for the annual compensation review cycles.
* Conducts scheduled and ad hoc auditing of compensation-related employee data and works with managers and HR contacts to correct issues to ensure data integrity.
* Evaluates present programs through market research, surveys/benchmarking, and analysis of trends to ensure plans are competitive and current.
* Monitors compensation trends and pro-actively identifies and addresses compensation issues.
* Ensures integrity of salary grading systems, including job descriptions, pay bands, and incentive plans.
* Coordinates FLSA conversions & ensures compliance with FLSA regulations.
* Manages the design, development and communication of approved variable pay plans.
* Educates managers on compensation-related topics including job evaluation processes and tools.
* Actively manages compensation related activities in departmental reorganizations to ensure appropriate organizational/job structures and application of compensation philosophy.
* Creates accurate market composites using automated compensation tools.
* Partners with other HR staff to analyze process design, flow and improve processes.
* Prepares proposals and recommendations for revisions and improvements to current practices.
* Leverages technological capabilities as it relates to compensation systems and processes.
* Performs other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
* Strong analytical skills.
* Knowledge of related law, regulation, and theory.
* Knowledge of compensation plans and variable pay.
* Must be able to work independently, and able to use extensive independent judgment.
* Must be able to make decisions regarding issues that arise while performing essential functions stated above.
* Must be able to plan and organize multi tasks effectively, and prioritize among numerous issues that may arise.
* Strong communication and people skills, at all levels of the organization.
* Must be detail oriented and self-disciplined with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
* College degree or equivalent experience preferred.
* Typically 8+ year's compensation or business analytics experience with specialty in variable pay design preferred.
* Mortgage banking experience strongly preferred.
* Applicable certification in compensation helpful.
* Project management experience preferred.
* Extensive experience with computer applications (i.e. Excel, Word, etc.) and HR systems required.
* Advanced Excel skills with experience using systems for reporting and analysis.
Pre-Employment Screening Includes:
* Credit Check
* Criminal Background Check
* Drug Screen-after offer of employment is extended and before start date
* Past Employment Verification
* Social Security Verification
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
EverBank is more than just a bank; it's the evolution of an idea. Traditional financial institutions had become wasteful, inflexible and stuck in the past. We thrive because we adapt, transform and push forward despite the ever-changing financial environment. From our headquarters in Jacksonville, FL, we continue to gauge our success on that of our clients' while seeking new opportunities to help them reach and surpass their goals.
EverBank is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran's status or status as a protected veteran.
EverBank is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at EverBank via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at EverBank in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of EverBank, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by EverBank as a result of the referral or through other means.