This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
The Compensation Consultant is accountable for performing compensation project work, including job evaluation, work design, compensation administration and program and policy development, market analysis projects, pay plan maintenance, salary survey submissions; and analysis and data preparation to support incentive plan administration
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
* Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
* Focuses on patient/customer safety
* Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
* Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
* Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
* Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Serves as a liaison to Hospital Management and HR staff regarding compensation programs, policies, procedures and related issues.
2. Partner with Information Technology to ensure accuracy of bonus programs and related ongoing compensation based programs.
1. Analyze market data and makes salary range recommendations and corresponding equity adjustment recommendations.
2. Participate in and/or leads special projects pertaining to position evaluation, position descriptions, market analysis, organizational design and related compensation areas.
3. Assign position numbers and maintains position driven information and salary range structures on mainframe job/employee data tables.
1. Participates in compensation salary survey submissions.
2. Evaluates jobs based on both job content and local market data for placement within HM salary structures.
3. Follows all safety rules while on the job and reports safety issues as they arise.
FINANCE - %
* Maximize return on investment as it relates to compensation salary survey use, and market recommendations.
GROWTH/INNOVATION - %
* Develop compensation recommendations for clients that adhere to DOL regulations, support Operational needs, and fiscal limits of HM.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelor s Degree Required. Preferably in Business or HR Management.
* Two to five years of progressively more responsible human resources experience, preferably within compensation.
* Experience with Excel or similar spreadsheet systems required.
* Must have had experience with data extraction, analysis and presentation.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Working towards Certified Compensation Professional
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Intermediate to advanced knowledge of spreadsheet development, review and analytics. Possess critical thinking skills to interpret, audit and review market pricing data.
* Must be able to quickly learn new HR software systems such as PeopleSoft and MarketPay. Must be results oriented and highly organized.
* Must be team orientated and have well-developed customer service skills.
* Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
* Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.