This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Under the general direction of the Director of World Wide Compensation, this position is responsible for carrying out a range of advanced analytic and programmatic activities to support the successful planning, development, and implementation of comprehensive compensation policies, practices, programs, initiatives and guidelines across all Analog Devices locations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Prepares or reviews recommendations and special studies on subjects such as incentive compensation, bonus plans, equity awards, and similar complex compensation initiatives, updates, revisions, and the like. Prepares complex financial models in support of these efforts. May review/oversee preparation of such special studies and subsequent recommendations by others.
* Using a broad and comprehensive understanding of current compensation practices, techniques, and methods, performs a wide range of advanced activities in the design, analysis, planning, development, and administration of Analogs base compensation, incentive pay, and equity awards policies, practices, programs, initiatives and guidelines. Interprets market data to determine companys market relationship and competitiveness.
* Reviews salary market data previously gathered and preliminarily analyzed by staff to ensure consistency in approach, conformity with stated methodology and overall quality and consistency of the data and the supporting assumptions for employing it.
* Reviews preliminary proposals by staff analysts based on their market data analysis to determine validity of those recommendations based on the companys market relationship and overall competitiveness.
* Collaborates with staff to ensure timely delivery of information to HRBPs and/or managers on compensation and rewards management programs, processes, and trends.
* Reviews off-cycle salary adjustments as proposed by other HR staff to conform to established pay guidelines, as well as Policy and Procedures, etc.
* Provides guidance and coaching to the staff on compensation and rewards management programs, processes, initiatives, and trends. Acts as an internal staff consultant to HRBPS, and senior managers on a range of compensation matters.
* In collaboration with other team members, drives effective communications of Analogs annual and special compensation programs and strategies to HRBPs as well as line managers and their employees.
* Reviews proposals by staff for new or revised job grade classifications to determine appropriate salary grade assignment.
* Reviews recommendations by staff regarding FLSA job classification and the like.
* May assist in the development of the ADIs international assignment/expatriate practices including expatriate compensation and relocation management. May provide leadership in determining and sharing best practices with line HRBPs, line managers, and assignees, as appropriate.
* Provides project leadership to other Compensation SME staff, HRBPs and HR Service Center staff, as needed.
* May be assigned to represent the Compensation Team in various meetings.
KEY ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to:
* Effectively deals with ambiguity and operate in a fairly complex and dynamic environment. Collaborates with others to work effectively in a matrix organization across a wide range of functional areas.
* Demonstrates strong teamsmanship and takes affirmative steps to reach out to others. Actively builds relationships and influences within an ever broadening community including HR Service Center staff, HRBPs, business unit managers as well as those from different cultural backgrounds.
* Capable of "positioning the message" using succinct and effective engagement and persuading others to adopt their view/directions.
* Demonstrates an informed and well balanced level of understanding of HR issues within a broader business context.
* Takes lead role in problem resolution. Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required to.
* Anticipate implications and obstacles, and plan contingencies accordingly. Acts proactively to ensure work is completed on schedule.
* Contribute as part of a team to drive solutions. This requires being hands-on with a flexibility to handle changing priorities and ad-hoc projects.
* Employs solid technical knowledge and capabilities to affect others and influence change
* BS degree with minimum 10 years of related, progressive industry experience within compensation.
* Demonstrated compensation planning, administration and program design experience, preferably in a large, international ( 8K employee) corporate environment.
* Previous HR experience in other than Compensation and Benefits preferred.
* Must be detail-oriented and demonstrate the ability to synthesize and conceptualize issues as well as develop and implement creative solutions that address business issues.
* Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), or equivalent, preferred.
* Demonstrated proficiency with commonly used office software, MS Excel, and HRIS reporting, etc.
For positions requiring access to technical data, Analog Devices, Inc. may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Department of Commerce - Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the U.S. Department of State - Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. As such, applicants for this position except US Citizens, US Permanent Residents, and protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) may have to go through an export licensing review process.
Analog Devices, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level: Manager
Job Type: Experienced