Competitive Intelligence Engineer - 8174 9/9/2016
Palo Alto Networks
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
The Competitive Intelligence Engineer at Palo Alto Networks will be a key player in the transformation of the enterprise security market. It will be your mission to successfully evangelize and position our products and solutions for multiple audiences customers, partners, analysts and press, with a focus on competitive differentiation. You will be hands-on in competitive analysis, and will also spend time engaging with product management, sales, and customers to understand and highlight our unique value proposition. You will use this knowledge to develop compelling messaging, product literature, presentations, and sales training.
* Develop, maintain, expand marketing materials for Palo Alto Networks security products
* Build and maintain evaluation and demo environments
* Conduct competitor analysis; analyze and share competitive intelligence internally
* Present to customers, partners, and at industry conferences
* Conduct market analysis through regular customer and partner surveys and interaction
* Deliver messages using a series of creative formats including video, infographics, and blogs
* Develop and maintain sales tools to support the sales cycle
* 5+ years of hands-on security technology experience, multi-vendor highly desirable
* Extensive knowledge of security focused endpoint agent technologies
* Technical background with ability to get hands-on with multiple products
* Able to help develop competitive strategies based on customer value
* Demonstrated experience in developing technical content
* Strong relationship management and team skills no big egos!
* Flexible, quality-oriented, and attentive to detail
* Experience in SOC or other security operations environments highly desirable
* Strong ability to multitask with a proven track record of execution
* Strong communication skills: writing, verbal, and presentation
* Willingness to travel at least 15% of the time
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts
Palo Alto Networks competes for the best talent. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits, including 401(K). Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.