Complex EHS Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWhat if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
The COMPLEX ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH AND SAFETY (EHS) MANAGER provides expertise, leadership, and direction in all areas regarding environmental safety and health systems to multiple facilities. The Complex EHS Manager position has a strong focus on environmental and will report to the plant Lab Manager.
* Responsible to ensure that all facilities are incompliance with applicable environmental, health and safety laws, regulations and corporate policy, and to certify to this requirement.
* Develops, implements, and maintains effective systems, procedures, and training to achieve and maintain an incident-free, injury free, and healthy workplace.
* Integrates continual environmental, health and safety improvements and employee diligence into daily operations.
* Develops and implements site specific annual objectives for environmental, industrial hygiene, safety and worker's compensation improvements that support these goals, policies and statements.
* Manages and updates all EHS processes, procedures, and policies.
* Oversees the safety, ergonomics, and observation committees.
* Responsible for all EHS audits.
* Coordinates all safety training activities.
* Maintains all environmental and operating permits.
* Maintains recordkeeping and documentation for all EHS programs.
* Participates as a member of the Lead Team.
* All other duties assigned.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Experience with working with environmental, health and safety laws, regulations, and systems.
* Strong verbal and written skills.
* Ability to interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders and demonstrate good judgment.
* Ability to prioritize tasks and focus on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
* Self motivated, dependable, strong organizational skills and attention to detail, and must be able to work well independently and collaboratively.
* Strong project management skills; must be able to set goals, schedule, coordinate, and meet or exceed deadlines.
* Passionate and inspired to support International Paper's safety initiatives.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
* 4-8 years of experience in a manufacturing, especially ink and polymeric manufacturing, environment is desired.
* PC Literate - Microsoft Office Suite
* Communication and influencing skills
* Ability to indirectly manage
* Interpret technical problems, regulations, environmental reporting
* Leadership experience
* Drive for results
* Building effective teams
* Managing through systems
* Problem solving
* Motivating others
* Action oriented
* Safety, environmental and health technical competencies
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.