Compliance Analyst- Health (3416) 9/3/2016
Logistics Management Institute
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
General Summary: Position is on the staff of a private, nonprofit government consulting firm located in McLean, VA. Work is sponsored by Federal Government departments and agencies, including the Department of Health and Human Services, and the Department of Defense. The Affordable Care Act mandates new responsibilities on federal agencies and those agencies in turn require operational, analytical support to carry out their new duties. This position will help provide that support.
* Oversee a team in conducting assessments of health systems compliance with federal requirements, including the development of audit methodology and implementation of audit procedures.
* Lead a small team of staff and oversee the completion of routine and/or focused audits.
* Assist in the design, development, and updates to the audit methodology and accompanying tools.
* Plan, perform, and lead audits under defined timeframes and budgets.
* Draft reports and communications.
* Identify at-risk health systems in accordance with defined protocols.
* Assist in the preparation of training materials and staff development.
* Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Further responsibilities include:
Plan, perform, and lead compliance audits at the enterprise level and/or of diverse and complex regulations and businesses through desk reviews and occasional site visits; Perform compliance risk assessments of business activities, potential risks exposures, and materiality of loss; Design and perform compliance audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting processes; Provide significant input into the development of the annual audit plan; Establish and build working relationships with internal and external management; Communicate the results of audit projects to management (written reports/oral presentations); and lead staff during audit engagements and provide feedback on work performed. An ideal candidate will have the following: strong knowledge and expertise in federal health regulations including the Affordable Care Act; strong communication skills, both verbal and written; and strong problem-solving and logical reasoning skills.
* Bachelor s degree.
* 5+ years of relevant work experience required.
* Strong background and understanding of audit and compliance processes.
* Experience performing program and/or financial audits (preferably within the healthcare sector).
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Work with colleagues to continuously improve monitoring processes.
* Excellent communication skills including business writing, and ability to make presentations to various audiences.
* Participate in client meetings to provide updates on progress and findings.
* Maintain security and confidentiality of all protected health information encountered during performance.
* Well organized with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
* Effectively manage multiple deadlines and prioritize assignments.
* Possesses solid knowledge of audit and accounting in a variety of areas and has specialized industry knowledge.
* Knowledge of the Affordable Care Act.
* Experience working directly with clients and customers.
* 2+ years of supervisory experience.
* Proficient in use of applicable software programs, including Microsoft Office.
LMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
McLean, Virginia, United States
LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.