Compliance Manager- Settlement Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 1/6/2017
Palm Bay, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPLIANCE MANAGER- SETTLEMENT SERVICES
Providing operational and regulatory compliance to all Title, Closing, Recording, Appraisal and BPO products (Title & Valuations Services). Ensure adherence to all state and other regulatory bodies that govern the products and services. Position will be licensed Title agent for all states that require such license in order to conduct business.
Reports To: Business Unit Head(s) Title Services/Valuations Services
Supervises Directly: Compliance Analyst
Supervises Indirectly: NA
Direct Internal Liaisons: Title operations group; Valuations operations group; corporate compliance department; legal department members; support functions.
Direct External Liaisons: Clients, Vendors, Title Underwriters, State Depts. of Insurance; state appraisal boards.
* *Appropriately licensed as a title agent in a number of states and willing to quickly obtain licensure in numerous other states to be paid for by the company
* *Prepares correspondence and responds to inquiries on behalf of the business unit and regulatory bodies. Anticipates regulatory issues and recommends action.
* *Monitors pending federal and state legislation and regulations for potential impact on ISGN business operations. Reviews and analyzes various industry developments and enforcement issues.
* *Work closely with the title and valuations operations group to ensure full compliance to all state and regulatory requirements that govern all products and services offered by ISGN.
* *Stay abreast of changing regulatory framework for title agents and Appraisal Management company
* *Recommends and assists in development of policies and procedures based on new state, regulatory or underwriter guidelines.
* Understanding of the title underwriting process and able to perform underwriting assistance on title insurance or title clearance functions for the closing and title teams.
* Oversees and distributes bulletins/notices concerning state regulatory and legislative changes
* Provides technical training classes to employees on title matters. This helps teams to better understand regulations behind title rules and standards.
* *Maintain the security, confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information stored in the ISGN s computer networks and data communications infrastructure. All users of ISGN s systems are responsible for protecting those resources and the information processed, stored or transmitted. For full details of your responsibility, please refer to the ISGN Information Security Policy.
* Perform other related duties as assigned or directed with general focus on compliance.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Education: Bachelor s Degree and related work experience.
Job Related Experience: 5 7 years of experience in legal or compliance environment within the financial services industry.
Travel Requirements: as requested. Must maintain a valid driver s license and excellent driving record. Must be willing to fly.
Physical Requirements: Ability to sit and work at a computer for extended periods of time. Ability to use a computer keyboard and monitor for extended periods of time.
Functional Area Skills/Knowledge: Has thorough knowledge of the organization, work environment and process. Have thorough knowledge of operations and customer support requirements in the financial services industry and a working knowledge of at least one discipline within the organization. Ability to write effective reports, business correspondence and policies and procedures. Ability to effectively communicate information, including responding to questions, to managers, team members and/or customers one-on-one or in groups.
Firstsource is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment
to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO
rights as an applicant under the law, please go through the URL