Compliance Officer, Health Exchanges (Lincolnshire OR Chicago)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
AON IS LOOKING FOR A COMPLIANCE OFFICER, HEALTH EXCHANGES
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Compliance team in Lincolnshire or Chicago IL.
YOUR IMPACT AS A COMPLIANCE OFFICER, HEALTH EXCHANGE
As a global leading provider of health solutions, our rapidly growing health exchanges business is seeking a Compliance Officer to lead compliance efforts for our active and retiree exchange. This role is newly expanded to meet the extended needs of this high growth business.
* Monitor and keep current with laws, regulations, and standards impacting federal and state health insurance programs including Medicare, The Affordable Care Act, and regulations that relate to marketing and licensing as an insurance broker
* Develop and implement policies, procedures and practices designed to promote compliance that align with the requirements for federal and state health care programs and insurance brokers
* Identify and assess areas of compliance risk to our health exchanges
* Develop and/or ensure internal controls are capable of preventing and detecting significant instances or patterns of illegal, unethical or improper conduct
* Manage the compliance department team members and the department s administrative duties
* Present periodic reports to the Compliance Committee(s), the CEO/GM of each health exchange and/or Corporate Compliance leadership
* Partner regularly with Exchange Leadership, the Law Department and Human Resources Department to further the Organizations compliance
* Develop and maintain productive relationships with all levels of management, insurance carriers, and other relevant external parties
* Work with operational leadership to provide adequate information to ensure that they and their employees have the requisite information and knowledge of regulatory issues and requirements to carry out their responsibilities in a lawful and ethical manner
* Create and facilitate education and/or training programs in accordance with law, carrier agreement or Organizational policy
* Monitor the performance of the health exchange compliance program on an ongoing basis and taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness
* Monitor the day-to-day activities of the Organization to further compliance objectives with applicable laws, rules and regulations, as well as Organizational policy
* Coordinate and/or oversee investigations, audit activities and the implementation of corrective actions, when applicable
YOU BRING KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
* Bachelor's degree required, Master s degree or Juris Doctor preferred
* Five plus (5+) years related experience in a department focused on federal or state regulatory compliance
* Specific experience in Medicare, Health Plan and/or /Insurance Operations a plus
* Ability to manage a team of professionals
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations and legal documents.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to write clear, concise reports, business correspondence and procedures
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries from employees, regulatory agencies and other, as necessary
* Ability to work well both independently and within a highly matrix environment
* Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changes in company policies, procedures and priorities
* Must be a person of high integrity
* Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
* Excellent judgment
* Strong influencing skills and perseverance in investigating
WE OFFER YOU
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
OUR COLLEAGUE EXPERIENCE:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2420735
CATEGORY: Law Group
LOCATION: United States, IL, Lincolnshire