This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
The Compliance Search Group
New York, NY
Our client, an international bank, is seeking to hire a Compliance Officer for their New York branch office.
The Compliance Officer will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the Branch's Compliance Management Program and functioning as an independent and objective body that reviews and evaluates compliance issues/concerns within the branch. The position ensures branch management and employees are in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies, that company policies and procedures are being followed, and that behavior in the organization meets the company's _Code of Conduct_. Compiles and issues reports detailing conclusions and providing recommendations for improvements.
In addition, the Compliance Officer will provide strategic advice regarding the regulatory and compliance environment, technical guidance on specific compliance matters, and supervision of the Compliance Department. Modify procedures and manuals as needed and obtain appropriate approvals.
* Manages the Branch's compliance program, including policies, procedures, systems monitoring, technology-based controls, and training, as well as compliance monitoring and testing. Ensure the semi-annual compliance reports are completed and sent to Head Office in June and December.
* Assist the General Manager implementing the policies
* Assess and monitor the compliance risks associated with the Branch's business activities, operations, and products and services.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of applicable laws and regulations to ensure compliance applicable to the position. (i.e. all required Alpha Regulations)
* Perform Compliance Risk Assessments and review results with executive and senior management.
* Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies and procedures by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
* Collaborate with other divisions (i.e. Lending Division, Branch & Correspondent Division, Funding Division, etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Consults with Legal representatives as needed to resolved respective legal compliance issues.
* Monitor, and as necessary, coordinate compliance activities of other divisions to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends. Review the Daily and Monthly monitoring reports from Business and Branch develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
* Institutes and maintains an effective compliance communication program for the Branch, including understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
* Works with the Secretarial Division and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and management.
* Serves as a point of contact for financial regulators of the branch and manages the responses to regulatory inquiries/findings and preparation for compliance examinations.
* Provide effective leadership to enhance and sustain compliance programs to ensure they are commensurate with the expectations of federal and state regulatory authorities.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
The Compliance Officer will directly supervise the Compliance Department. Conduct supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Branch's policies and applicable laws and regulations. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Minimum of 10years of progressive experience in banking compliance or regulatory roles.
* Minimum of 5years of experience dealing directly with banking regulators.
* Familiarity with compliance monitoring and testing systems.
* Full knowledge of applicable laws and regulations impacting consumer and commercial compliance.
* Strong regulatory relationships; existing credibility with senior regulators is a plus.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to effectively interact with executive management.
* Management experience.
* Intermediate proficiency in MS Office suite.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE :
* CRCM, CAMS, or similar certification preferred.
* Bachelor's degreerequired; advanced degreepreferred