Legal Administrative Assistant, Compliance & General Legal Support
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/25/2016
Job Duties, Responsibilities and Requirements
The Compliance Program Administrative Assistant works closely with the Director of Compliance to develop creative communication content, tools, and vehicles to engage Deckers employees, globally, on compliance related efforts in a way that is informative and motivational to ensure compliance and our high standard of integrity. The position works closely with both the Compliance and Legal teams to minimize the company's compliance and legal related risks.
* 3rd Party LMS: Closely monitor completion rates and send reminders to help drive timely completion of the Company's required compliance trainings.
* Track progress (data analytics/metrics/etc.) and help identify areas of opportunity for the evolution of company reminders, web-based trainings, in-person trainings and overall help to drive additional employee engagement.
* Assist in the development of creative communication content, tools, videos, and vehicles to further engage employees.
* Follow Compliance Program MAP to ensure deadlines are appropriately met and cadences for policy review are appropriately followed.
* Draft minutes for various Compliance Program quarterly meetings.
* Assist the Director of Compliance, on various initiatives, as requested from time to time.
General Legal/Company Support:
* Retain solid working knowledge of the Company's organization, policies, procedures, practices and personnel to help identify issues.
* Support EMEA and APAC legal teams as needed.
* Assist with drafting, training and roll out new legal policies.
* Assist with the Company's various MAP Policies and enforcement efforts.
* Assists in the management of office supplies for department
* Coordinates all department meetings by working with external teams like IT and catering when necessary.
* Provides general administrative duties to the team when necessary.
* Is the 'face' of the department and manages all correspondence and in-person assistance with guests in a highly professional and friendly manner.
* Assists on booking travel arrangements for legal team when necessary.
* Provides general administrative support, including filing, scanning, faxing, and creating presentations when necessary.
Education & Experience
Required: Bachelor's Degree Required.
* 1-3 years related experience, in-house preferred.
* Experience/understanding of consumer products
* Experience/understanding of compliance
* Experience/understanding of legal related matters
* Experience briefing management teams and working with cross functional teams
* Experience/understanding of global/international business cultures
* Experience/understanding of corporate communications
* Strong communications both verbally and written
* Ability to collaborate and build relationship across company
* Demonstrated ability of critically thinking and strategic planning