Compliance Review Analyst 8/26/2016
The Compliance Search Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
Our client, a mortgage servicing firm, is seeking a Compliance Analyst - Mortgage servicing review to join their teams in NATIONWIDE - Florida, California, Minneapolis, Ohio, Chicago, New York, Texas, California. The Compliance Analyst conducts Compliance Reviews to help ensure that the firm and its clients have appropriate processes and methods to effectively comply with applicable federal and state regulations regarding mortgage insurance processing and lender placement, thereby reducing the companies' risk and exposure to potential losses. Results are summarized and provided to the Business and to Clients on a periodic basis to demonstrate compliance with government regulatory agency requirements, contracts, agreements and/or standards.
70% Reviews and Reporting -
* Responsible for researching, development and performing compliance reviews based upon client, regulatory and internal requirements. Includes analysis of records, reports, regulations and operating procedures and practices.
* Provides corresponding reporting for Operations and Clients.
* Analyzes records, reports, and operating practices and issues reports on regulatory control adherence.
* Responsible for the performance of quantitative and qualitative research to further support review findings, including root cause analysis.
* Reviews Business controls, policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance.
* Participates in client teleconferences where regulatory controls are reviewed.
* Creates reports and trending analysis and presents final review findings to Operations.
* Effectively communicates regulatory issues to Operations in order to ensure process compliance and adherence.
25% Ad-Hoc -
* Participate on special projects and targeted reviews as required.
* Perform testing for new systems and system controls.
* Conduct quality compliance reviews on peers.
5% Training -Conduct associate training.
* No direct reports, but is responsible for reviewing and validating the reviews performed by peers through quality compliance reviews. In absence of manager, may be responsible for daily administrative duties.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED - EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE:
* 4 years of operational compliance or audit experience.
* 4 years of insurance, mortgage or financial services experience.
* 4 years utilizing data analysis and improvement tools.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE:
* Associate or Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) preferred.
* Green Belt training or experience with structured process improvement desirable.
* Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements governing the mortgage, insurance and/or financial services industry, and operational risk concepts.
* Ability to use MS Excel to enter and correct data, modify a workbook, format a worksheet, format charts, filter date and create basic formulas for data trending.
* Ability to use MS Word for basic formatting, editing and printing function and understands the document page set up.
* Able to develop and implement a review, research regulatory requirements, collect and verify review documentation, assist with preparation of preliminary and final reports and write work papers to summarize findings.
* Possess advanced analytical, data management, critical thinking, organizational, research, oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
* Ability to drive execution and meet stated deadlines.
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
* The ability to adapt to a dynamic, rapidly changing business and technical environment.
* Demonstrated problem resolution skills.
* Demonstrated understanding of regulatory compliance governing the mortgage, insurance and/or financial services.
Please email resumes to Heather Johnson - Heather@ComplianceSearch.com