This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
It's not just clich. The heart of Billtrust is its people. Our executives know it, our co-workers believe it, and our clients recognize it. Billtrust is enjoying remarkable success with significant year-over-year growth over the past 10 years. And, we're transforming the billing industry with leading-edge technologies that enable us to deliver our payment management solutions from the cloud. Our team members not only drive that expansion, they benefit by it with empowerment and rewarding professional progress.
_Billtrust: where talent and opportunity meet. Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History._
WHAT YOU\'LL DO:
As the Compliance Specialist you will support Billtrust compliance initiatives associated with the Federal Know Your Customer (KYC), Anti Money Launder (AML), Customer Identification Program (CIP), NACHA operating rules and the Office of Foreign Compliance Act. You will be considered the SME for the aforementioned programs and have direct responsibility for performing all of the actions these programs require.
* Promote a risk-aware culture, ensures efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
* Review documentation for new clients to identify and mitigate KYC/CIP risks
* Conduct client due diligence (CDD) to ensure authenticity, completeness, and accuracy of information provided by client
* Perform thorough screenings for Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) sanctions
* Utilize investigative techniques and tools to verify the potential customer's identity, review their background, assess the associated risks, and compile due diligence files
* Perform in-depth evaluation and analysis of the potential clients and existing clients using both internal and external sources and makes informed decisions
* Work with management and staff in areas affected by necessary alterations in business practices to ensure understanding and implementation of new policies and procedures
* Draft and update any associated desktop procedures
* Ensure compliance with the NACHA operating rules
* Audit changes to client banking information
WHAT YOU\'LL BRING TO THE TEAM:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration
* 2+ years of experience with customer on-boarding related to conducting KYC/CIP, and customer due diligence in a fast-paced environment
* Knowledge of banking environment, operations functions, systems, policies and procedures
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple project requirements to meet the varying needs of the business
* Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills to properly assess due dillagance reports
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to interace with all levels of the organizations as well as with clients
* Demonstrates good understanding of KYC, CIP, OFAC and NACHA requirements, policies, procedures and practices for various client types
* Experience working within the banking industry preferred
WHAT YOU\'LL GET:
* COMPETITIVE SALARY, STOCK OPTIONS AND 401(K) WITH COMPANY MATCH: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
* BENEFITS: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
* OPEN PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
* A LIVELY CULTURE: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
* CASUAL DRESS: Every day is "Casual Friday', we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
* MINIMAL BUREAUCRACY: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
* CONVENIENCE: Our office is conveniently located in Central Jersey within walking distance of the Hamilton train station.