Component Production Supervisor
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Beaverton, OR Beaverton, OR
- Job Type
- Job Classification
Mid-Career (2 - 15 years)
High School Diploma or GED
- Salary Range
$18.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- Number of Positions
- Required Licenses/Certificates
Direct Hire Opportunity in Hillsboro, OR!
Position Pays $18-$20 per hour to start.
This position is responsible for managing and directing production activities for the assigned team(s) and/or build areas. The Supervisor will coordinate the production of dental equipment and/or components on the line including training, employee coaching/performance evaluation, monitoring and achieving on-time delivery targets and ensuring goods meet all company quality standards, as outlined by the Quality Management System.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Communicates job expectations to team members including planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Provides coaching, counseling and implements company's progressive discipline policy and employee performance evaluation process.
- Enforces company's systems, policies and procedures.
- Orientates and trains new employees including providing timely feedback and evaluating employees progress.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring and setting pace to meeting daily and weekly demand.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel, accomplishing work results, establishing priorities, monitoring progress, resolving problems and reporting results.
- Initiates and fosters a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data, investigating issues, identifying solutions and recommending action.
- Has been trained and can properly use the 8D problem solving process.
- Follows all processes and procedures related to the materials system including the Kanban system, production order process and Lean processes.
- Uses proper lifting techniques and follows safe work procedures at all times.
- Builds product as needed to support Production goals, following all company build processes and standard work procedures in terms of accuracy and quality.
- Ensure compliance with workplace safety programs.
- Cross-train worker teams for maximum production flexibility.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good communication and training skills, with the ability to explain written and oral procedures in English. Ability to read and comprehend written procedures in English.
- Understands and can clearly explain Lean Manufacturing principles and processes utilized by company to team members.
- Ability to suggest continual improvements to team output in accordance with these principles and procedures.
- Excellent time management practices.
- Maintains focus on customer in all tasks and guides department to maintain customer focus
Education and/or Experience
- 2 to 5 years of supervisory experience in an industrial environment or related field, with increasing levels of responsibility
- Previous experience in a lead or supervisory role
- Experience working and/or implementing LEAN manufacturing processes preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, reach within hands and arms length, stoop, kneel, and crouch. Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Must qualify for forklift certification. Specific vision requirements include close vision and color vision.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate, wit