Composite & Assembly Estimator 9/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Role Purpose
Support the proposal tasks for award of new business projects and estimating function for GKN Aerospace ACS. This position consists of evaluating technical requirements for large structural composite components and assemblies, preparing labor and material estimates, coordinating with other departments for cost inputs, understanding manufacturing methods, modelling total product cost, and parametric modelling. The individual will support the proposal Gate Review process with senior management as required.
* Perform the estimating function and prepare material, cost, labor and non-recurring estimates by:
* Analyzing 3D models, drawings, specifications, work instructions, statements of work, and other documentation;
* Identifying key process specifications and tolerances;
* Developing Bills of Material;
* Coordinating with engineering, manufacturing and tooling for a complete work package concept;
* Liaising with engineering and manufacturing to develop the leanest and optimum industrialization solution and manufacturing processes;
* Analyzing capacity and floor space constraints
* Coordinating with purchasing to ensure purchased parts and processing requirements are quoted and incorporated into the estimate;
* Compiling all elements of cost into an overall product cost for pricing;
* Collect and review data and develop estimating techniques related to composites and assemblies, including parametric estimating models, for use in preparation of estimates.
* Prepare analysis and verification of product costs in support of special projects.
* Coordinate with internal and external customer to clearly define program criteria to satisfy requests for pricing, technical and manufacturing requirements.
* Support Business Development, Commercial, and Manufacturing Support Personnel as required.
* Support the bid/no bid process by performing an initial assessment of the bid package.
* Prepare and review information for presentations to management.
* Provide support for the generation of final proposals including executive summary, manufacturing, technical and cost and pricing sections.
Support the vision and mission for the Company, and the strategies and processes to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers and management.
Support the company's commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment by adhering to Company policy and various government regulations.
Comply with the GKN Compliance and Ethics Policy on Contracting with the United States Government in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government.
Comply with the Company's Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Policies and to provide fair and equitable treatment for all employees while ensuring optimum productivity and resource utilization.
Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned. Qualifications / Experience / Skills
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE GUIDELINES:
* Bachelor s degree in Engineering, Technology, Mathematics or related / equivalent training and 2+ years work experience required.
* 2 years college coursework (in a technology field) and 3-5 years of work experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE OF:
* Technical models and drawings (Catia, ENOVIA, Unigraphics, AUTOCAD)
* Composite manufacturing and fabrication processes.
* Assembly standards
* Estimating techniques
* Aerospace/aircraft structures and systems.
* Resin systems and thermoplastic knowledge is a plus
GKN Aerospace is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. GKN is committed to bringing greater diversity to its workforce. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer (minorities/women/veterans/disabled)