This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Webrecruit North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONComposites Engineer
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Composites Engineer to join our client, a leading global manufacturer of microwave and RF absorbing materials.
As a Composites Engineer, you'll be responsible for production support, generation of work instructions, bill of materials and routers, interaction with sales for quoting new programs and proposal writing, and customer support on existing programs as well as new applications.
You will also be involved in the following:
- Monitoring and evaluation of materials and processes used in the fabrication of various composite products.
- Responsible for ensuring that best practices are being employed within the department for material handling and storage of all composite related materials
- Work instructions are accurate and detailed enough to ensure high level of accuracy and consistent quality during the fabrication sequence of various assemblies
- All materials and processes used to produce any given product will satisfy all mechanical, environmental and electrical requirements for that product
- Working closely with tooling manufacturers relative to tooling design and modification. Reading and interpreting customer models, drawings and specifications, and knowledge of basic Composite manufacturing and repair procedures (as well as the ability to adapt these basic procedures to newer applications and products) are all part of the day to day activities that one can expect in this position
- Continuous improvement in manufacturing processes for all products is essential for increased throughput and profitability. Interaction with factory supervisor and technicians will improve the flow of work and cut down on labor hours through innovative fabrication techniques and/or new tooling and fixturing ideas
To be considered, you must have:
- Experience in the Composites field, especially on the manufacturing side
- Familiarity with vacuum bagging techniques, autoclave processing, bonding processes and adhesive selection, Resin Transfer Molding would be beneficial
- Solid modeling software, tooling design, design and manufacture of antenna radomes would make a strong candidate for the position
Please note, the successful candidate must also be able to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. In order to obtain this clearance, you must be a US citizen.
Analytical and focused, as a Composites Engineer, you must have excellent communication skills and a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
Current DoD security clearance would be beneficial to your application.
To apply for the role of Composites Engineer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Web Recruit LLC. Web Recruit, LLC is in the business of performing recruitment services.
Additional Keywords: Composites Engineer, Composites Manufacturing Engineer, Composites Production Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Production Engineer, Manufacturing, Engineer, Engineering.