Compressor Engineer 8/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
Design application specific components (Heads, Clutch, Control Valve etc) to meet customer specific requirements and package. Act as primary Technical interface to the customer for all Compressor related topics. Provide all necessary engineering deliverables to support Customer new model program(s). Support internal program reviews with technical deliverables and support Manufacturing as necessary to successful launch new designs.
* Lead design and release of new compressor component(s) and end item.
* Interface with the customer.
* Negotiate packaging space and trade-offs.
* Provide direction to CAD, CAE, and Test personnel.
* Lead Program Specific DFMEA
* Conduct Application Specific testing and customer Report (DVP&R / PVP Mechanical Engineering preferred.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, EXPERIENCE, & QUALIFICATIONS
* Demonstrated ability to design, develop, test, and launch Variable A/C Compressors.
* Understanding of HVAC architectures.
* Experienced in design of Die Cast components.
* Experience in quality disciplines such as DFMEA, etc.
* Ability to apply Design for Manufacturing and Assembly concepts.
* Able to interpret CFD and CAE results and utilize to optimize HVAC design.
* Ability to utilize problem solving skills.
* Experienced in project planning and management.
* Ability to conduct Technical Design Reviews.
* CAD Software skills such as Catia and/or ProEngineer are strongly desirable.
* Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (IE: OVERTIME, TRAVEL, ETC)
* Limited travelrequired to suppliers, customer and to manufacturing plants during launch.
Hanon Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.