Research Fellow, Computational Chemistry
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAlkermes plc is a fully integrated, global biopharmaceutical company developing innovative medicines for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) diseases. The company has a diversified commercial product portfolio and a substantial clinical pipeline of product candidates for chronic diseases that include schizophrenia, depression, addiction and multiple sclerosis. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Alkermes plc has an R&D center in Waltham, Massachusetts; a research and manufacturing facility in Athlone, Ireland; and a manufacturing facility in Wilmington, Ohio. For more information, please visit Alkermes website at www.alkermes.com .
Background: The Alkermes Discovery organization is searching for an experienced computational chemist with a passion for drug design. We are currently growing our Discovery organization, including computational chemistry to become a world class player in our field.
The successful candidate will be contributing to the buildup of a top notch Computational chemistry and Informatics function working in close collaboration with the Medicinal chemistry and the Biologics Departments. The overall aim is to invent highly novel, high quality drug molecules in both our small-molecule and biologics drug discovery projects.
Key responsibilities include:
* Contribute to creating a highly collaborative team of experienced and motivated computational chemists. Formulate and execute on the computational chemistry strategy to support both small molecules and biologics.
* Key contributor in our Design teams where Computational chemistry is responsible for evaluating molecular design ideas with the help of predictive computational models.
* Creating predictive models of our primary and secondary screening assaysBeing a key node in informatics and compound data management in the Discovery group. Collaboratively with other functions contribute to the rapid development of innovative, high quality drug candidates.
* Drive innovation, foster creativity, and scientific excellence within and outside of the computational chemistry function.
* Contribute to the overall development of the Discovery organization.
* PhD, or equivalent, in computational chemistry with 10+ years experience in drug discovery.
* Significant experience in a drug discovery environment, including key membership in discovery projects.
* Strong abilities in computational chemistry with experience both in structure-based and ligand-based design.
* Experience in working closely and collaboratively with medical chemistry, DMPK, pharmacology and safety functions
* Excellent communication skills, energetic and self-motivated
Personal Attributes Needed:
* Excellent interpersonal, leadership, communication, and time-management skills are essential
Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law