Computational Mechanics Subject Matter Expert ECD-2012-011
Applied Research Associates, Inc. - Niceville, FLThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Applied Research Asso... Applied Research Associates, Inc.
- Niceville, FL
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- Senior (15+ years)
- Masters Degree
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is currently seeking a subject matter expert in computational mechanics to work in our Modeling and Simulation (M&S) Group, Emerald Coast Division, located in Niceville, Florida. The M&S Group currently consists of scientists and engineers performing research and development in the areas of physics-based modeling and simulation, engineering model development, weapons effects, conventional munitions fuzing technology, analysis-of-alternatives studies, and modeling and simulation analyses. The M&S Group uses various analytical methodologies ranging from semi-empirical models, engineering models, and first principles physics models to predict and understand complex physical phenomena. Key customers include the US Air Force as well as industry clients.
Applied Research Associates (ARA), Inc. is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs over 1300 professionals and continues to grow. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for environmental site characterization, pavement analysis, and robotics.
At ARA, our employees are our greatest assets. The corporation realizes that employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. ARA gives its employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take more active roles as employee-owners. The culture is challenging; innovation and experimentation are the norm. Employees are eligible for contributions which not only add to the company’s success, but also their own through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Our motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please visit our website at www.ara.com.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet all eligibility requirements for access to classified information. ARA is an EEO and Affirmative Action employer. No phone calls or faxes please.
- Master’s degree (required) or Ph.D. degree (desired) in engineering, physics, or a related discipline
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- This position requires U.S. Citizenship; all applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- This position requires independent judgment and discretion, and strong organizational skills
- 20+ years of experience, including 10+ years performing research and development in DoD-applicable computational mechanics technologies or a closely-related field
- Established relationships and by-name recognition within the DoD Services and Agencies, as well as the computational mechanics technical community is a significant plus
- Relevant experience and expertise that will expand the M&S Group’s capability and business potential
- The successful candidate will: (a) lead the identification and subsequent marketing of computational mechanics technologies and high-performance computing to perform complex, integrated analysis to current DoD customers, as well as develop new industry areas and clients; (b) possess strong proposal writing skills; (c) assist the M&S Group Leader in the recruiting of strategic new hires to accelerate growth in these areas; and (d) stay abreast of relevant state-of-the-art technologies and maintain a proactive presence and leadership role in this field