Computer Engineer - VHDL Logic Code
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/16/2016
Electronic Consulting Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONECS Federal, LLC (ECS) is seeking a Computer Engineer - VHDL Logic Code to work in our Chantilly, VA office.
Design and develop logic code (VHDL) from written requirements and from system level design documentation for signal processing applications
Test and troubleshoot logic code on targeted hardware in the system
Provide engineering support and hands-on troubleshooting for fielded products (some CONUS travel may be required)
* BS or MS in Computer Engineering from an ABET accredited school with concentration in computer engineering and electronic circuits
* Minimum 3-5 years experience in developing, testing, and troubleshooting VHDL logic code
* Experience in writing VHDL for the following applications
o DDR3 Interface
o FMC Communication
o High speed DAC/ADC
* Firm understanding of applying electronic test equipment to test and troubleshoot in a laboratory environment
* Experience working with the Xilinx and Altera design tools (ISE, Vivado, Quartus, etc.)
* Professional and detail-oriented work ethic
* An ability to take direction but work independently
* Good verbal and written communication skills a must
* US Citizenship
* Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a US Government security clearance.
* Ability to travel for customer support up to 25% (10% OCONUS)
* Experience with schematic capture and circuit simulation tools such as Mentor Graphics, OrCad, or other EDA tools
* Experience in Software Defined Radio (SDR) design and applications
* Knowledge of radar system operation and theory
* Experience working with Digital Receiver architectures
* Experience implementing signal processing algorithms into logic code
ECS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS also maintains a drug-free workplace.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 1400+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
ECS Federal provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS Federal also maintains a drug-free workplace.