Computer Engineering Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 3/16/2017
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
STANLEY Healthcare provides over 5,000 acute care hospitals and 12,000 long-term care organizations with enterprise solutions that transform safety, security and operational efficiency. The STANLEY Healthcare solution set enables customers to achieve organizational excellence and superior care in five critical areas: Patient Safety, Security & Protection, Environmental Monitoring, Clinical Operations & Workflow and Supply Chain & Asset Management. These solutions are complemented by consulting, training, implementation and integration services. STANLEY Healthcare is proud to be part of Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. For more information, visit www.stanleyhealthcare.com.
Located in Lincoln, NE., STANLEY Healthcare is currently seeking a Computer Engineering Intern. Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds, may be necessary to lift up to 40 pounds on occasion. Part-time 15-25 hours per week between 7:00-5:30, M-F.
* Create software programs or scripts to analyze data from .csv files.
* Work with production engineering and quality assurance to develop software tools for evaluating data from the production line.
* Develop software to interface with production test equipment.
* Develop user test interfaces and applications for use by production test equipment
* Develop testing software by interfacing lab equipment via GPIB communication.
* Assist in the preparation and incorporation of Engineering Change Orders (ECOs)
* Write standard operating procedures and develop "best known methods" for completed projects/work.
Required Skills and Experience
* High School diploma or equivalent with at least 2 years of college work towards degree required
* Must be currently pursuing a BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
* Experience with a high level programming language such as .NET or Java
* Experience with GUI environments and database technologies (SQL)
* Strong debugging/problem solving skills
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work independently and in a group setting
* Able to work in a production setting and office setting
Nonessential/Preferred Education, Skills & Experience
* Experience using standard lab equipment such as oscilloscopes and multi-meters
* Interfacing lab equipment with GPIB is a plus
* Experience with GUI design for operator ease of use
All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status..
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.