Computer Programmer II 8/12/2016
EPSILON SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Location: Warrenton, VA
Job Code: 3614
# of openings: Direct Funded
Requisition Category:Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. has a current job opening for a full time Computer Programmer II in Warrenton, VA.
Summary: Create, modify, and test the code, forms, and script that allow computer applications to run. Work from specifications drawn up by software developers or other individuals. May assist software developers by analyzing user needs and designing software solutions. May develop and write computer programs to store, locate, and retrieve specific documents, data, and information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Correct errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
* Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
* Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
* Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
* Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
* Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
* Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
* Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
* Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language.
* Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs.
* Investigate whether networks, workstations, the central processing unit of the system, or peripheral equipment are responding to a program's instructions.
* Assign, coordinate, and review work and activities of programming personnel.
* Write or contribute to instructions or manuals to guide end users.
* Bachelor s degree
* Five (5) years job experience
* Pursuant to the various government contractual requirements, all applicants must be U.S. Citizens
* Object-Oriented programming concepts
* Server-side language and framework such as Python Django, Ruby on Rails, Java or .NET
* Android development and publication
* iOS development with either Objective-C or Swift
* Unit Testing
* Version Control systems, ie. Github or Subversion
* SCORM 2004 (3rd and 4th editions)
* LMS Development
* Basic UI/UX design skills
* Database design and management
* Responsive web development or device-neutral web design.
* Military experience
* Prolonged standing.
* Frequent sitting, standing, handling, feeling with hands, reaching with arms.
* Regular communication (hearing/speaking).
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans.