Computer Science Instructor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Advantage Resourcing - XPO
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
Our client is one of the world s MOST successful technology companies in the world. This company is known for its culture and perks and takes pride in their desire to hire based on ability and drive vs. experience.
This client fosters a fun and creative work environment where your suggestions are welcomed and your opinions matter.
Our client is known for their innovative technologies, products and services -- and for the people behind them. Accordingly, they recognize their products will only get better and more useful if they invite all segments of society, and people from all over the world, to influence and create. Their core mission is to increase access to information. Their goal for diversity is a natural extension of this mission-to increase access to opportunity, by breaking down barriers and empowering people through technology.
As a Computer Science Instructor you will join an energetic team devoted to increasing access and exposure to CS to underrepresented communities. The Computer Science Instructor will be responsible for teaching a 24-week project based learning experience designed for 8th grade students, to increase their interest, confidence and core skills required to pursue a career in Computer Science.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
* Instruct and facilitate student learning for an after-school CS enrichment program, design CS lessons and support, and provide feedback to the program team.
* Work directly with students, externs and program partners to ensure that they are following our CS road map; identify areas of strength and weakness of individual students to help them by implementing accelerated or supplemental resources.
* Participate in required training and development and apply concepts in the classroom.
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related Engineering field
* Thorough knowledge of object-oriented programming principles and practical knowledge of designing and developing computer programs.
* Culturally oriented and experienced in working (ie. teaching, mentoring) with underrepresented populations.
* Enthusiasm for teaching, engaging students, and sparking curiosity and creativity.
* Ability to lead students in solving complex problems, testing, debugging, and decomposing abstract concepts.
Nice to Haves:
* Proficiency in structuring, delivering, and facilitating Computer Science education using a blended learning model, project-based assignments, media techniques, or online education.
* Experience with convergence of computer science/engineering with Art, design, and/or Music
* Experience with makerspaces, tinkering, innovation labs, design-thinking, and project-based learning
* Experience teaching in the K-12 environment and differentiating instruction.
About Advantage Resourcing
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our clients workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage Resourcing is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.