Computer User Support Specialist II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
NCI Information Systems, Inc.
Fort Polk, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Designated a 2016 Military Friendly® Employer
NCI: As the Computer User Support Specialist II ( Computer Operator II ) you will provide daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, Cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights and Responsibilities:
* Monitor and control one or more servers by operating the central console.
* Study program operating instruction sheets to determine equipment setup and run operations.
* Observe the operation of the console panel, storage devices, printers, and the action of the console printer to monitor the system and determine the point of equipment or program failure.
* Manipulate controls in accordance with standard procedures to rearrange sequence of job steps to continue operations when individual units of the system malfunction.
* Confer with software systems engineering or applications programming personnel in the event errors require a change of instructions or sequence of operations.
* Maintain operating records such as machine performance and production reports.
* Ensure assigned system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures are executed IAW in-place government policies.
* Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
* Manage servers; Administer, and operate, defend file, print and common user application storage servers/farms/banks. Coordinates operations and downtime with appropriate NEC personnel.
* Perform monitoring and troubleshooting of assigned servers for availability; recover data in the event of hardware or software failure; and ensure customers receive current versions of software supported by the Government.
* DOD 8570 (Security +).
* Computing Environment Certification.
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Bachelors degree.
* Certification in Microsoft server/workstation technologies.
facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://nciinc.contacthr.com/50576356.jpg