Computer Vision Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description ENSCO s Applied Technology and Engineering (ATE) Division designs, develops and manufactures precision, high speed, real-time track inspection systems for the national and international railway market. We are presently seeking a skilled engineer, with point cloud processing background, to join our engineering staff and work with other software, electrical, and computer vision engineers in the design, development, and support of our computer vision oriented applications and products.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop, and test point cloud processing and computer vision algorithms for railroad applications.
- Perform software design, coding, integration and testing for the development of real-time and large scale railway measurement and analysis systems.
- Model system performance and response.
- Develop detailed technical specifications.
- Provide accurate time estimates for design and development work.
- Create and maintain detailed technical documentation for internal and customer use.
- Support existing products through system and software changes, improvements, testing and release.
- Conduct field tests and provide customer support/trouble-shooting
Qualifications Required (Skills)
- Bachelor s degree in Electrical Engineering or related fields, or equivalent.
- 3 years relevant work experience.
- Solid knowledge on point could processing and computer vision.
- Hands-on experience on 3D scanner interface and data acquisition.
- Hands-on experience on 3D point filtering, feature extraction, and registration; 3D object segmentation, recognition, surface reconstruction, and visualization.
- Proficiency in developing real-time software applications, using C++, for large scale computation.
- Proficiency in algorithm prototyping and system modeling with MatLab, Python, or LabView software.
- Ability to perform system research, design and analysis functions with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to climb a ladder 15 feet high to gain access to railway cars
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% of the time
The selected candidate may be required to submit to fingerprinting, drug screening, and additional background investigations in connection with this position.
Wearing safety equipment (hardhat, steel-toe boots, protective vest and protective eye glasses) when working on railroad properties is also a requirement. ENSCO will provide all necessary safety equipment.
General Education/Years of Experience
BS or equiv; min 3 yrs relevant exp
Security Clearance Level
Drug Screen Type
Export Control and Licensing
This position may involve access to technology or technical data that is controlled under U.S. export control laws and regulations and the release of which to a foreign national may require an export license from the U.S. Government.
Background Check Type
- Master s or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or related fields
- Experience in developing vision algorithm and software for railway inspection applications
- Experience in digital signal processing and filter design
- Experience in image processing and machine learning
- Experience in GUI design and multi-thread programming in Qt
- Competent knowledge and experience in applying and utilizing open source libraries and tools.
- Competent knowledge and experience in distributed and scalable software design and development.
- Experience in vision algorithm development and implementation on GPU.
Applied Technology and Engineering Division
The Applied Technology and Engineering (ATE) Division is located in Springfield, Va. The ATE Division is the rail industry s source for high-speed and intercity rail safety, track inspection systems, track inspection services, vehicle evaluation testing, rail asset management, and rail security.
ATE employees bring together decades of experience and the latest technologies, including laser scanners, real-time signal processing, machine vision, GPS/inertial navigation, wireless communication, and Web data management. The result is efficient, effective products and services that meet the precise needs of the rail community.
The ATE Division s extensive background in research and development, rail and vehicle inspection, and asset management makes ENSCO uniquely qualified to not only provide a solution the challenge at hand, but to integrate the solution with other legacy systems already in place.
Key customers include the Federal Railroad Administration, U.S. commercial rail organizations, and government agencies abroad..
ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
By submitting your resume to ENSCO, you understand and agree that it may be circulated to individuals who may have an interest in your qualifications.
Additional BenefitsFlexible Spending Account Program
Credit Union Membership
Employee Assistance Program