Computer Vision Scientist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONComputer Vision ScientistJob ID:
Computer Vision Scientist - Springfield, VA Job Code:
SIS20163008-13840 Job Description:
The selected candidate will perform some or all the following duties. Additional duties may be required. This position provides algorithm development services for a Virginia based customer. The candidate will need to have in-depth knowledge of computer vision techniques and image science. The candidate will be a member of a small team responsible for implementing, developing, and testing object recognition and 3D modeling methods on simulated data for a new imaging system. The candidate will be working with on site based customers in a multi-company environment. The individual is expected to apply advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques to solve complex problems associated with machine learning, multi-view geometry, and image simulation. The candidate will need to work independently to resolve a wide range of science and engineering problems, requiring collaboration with all required disciplines. This position requires weekly communication of technical results to the customer, occasional presentation of results at poster sessions or group meetings, and presentation of status to the program manager twice a year. Duties include:* Working with algorithms for signal processing, machine learning, or computer vision.* Using Matlab/C++ libraries for Deep Learning and 3D Modelling
* Implementing algorithms from current academic literature
* Modelling systems and simulating data for remote sensing applications
* Working independently with minimal supervision
* Presenting results to technical subject matter experts Qualifications:* Bachelor's Degree with 6+ years of experience
* Active TS/SCI with CI Poly
* Experience with Image Science, Computer vision, Object Recognition, and 3D modelling
* Experience developing algorithms to process data from remote sensing systems
* Experience developing code in Matlab, Python, or other scientific scripting languages
* Experience developing code in C++, Java, or other compiled languages Security:
This position requires the candidate to currenlty hold an active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance. In order to obtain and hold a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Software Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - VA - Springfield .