Computer Vision Software Engineer 9/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Trimble is recruiting for a Computer Vision Software Engineer to fill an opportunity in Westminster, CO.
The Geospatial Software Engineering Team is looking for a highly skilled, highly motivated Computer Vision engineer with C, C++ and GPU experience to expand the capabilities of the Trimble Vision Office line of products in a very dynamic international environment. The individual will be is responsible for working with the project teams to establish technical requirements and develop innovative and reliable imaging software solutions.
Success in this position involves effective collaboration with our domain experts, commitment to an agile methodology, and demonstration of advanced software engineering skills leading to predictable development and products delivered on schedule with high quality standards.
* Works with the project team, the domain experts, product owners, and the end customers to establish achievable requirements.
* Identifies and clarifies project goals, establishes useful technical milestones, and breaks down engineering tasks to be performed.
* Produces and helps produce functional and technical designs. I implements and tests those designs to meet established requirements
* Contributes new ideas and innovation within the team
* Performs software engineering within the agile process established for the project. Contributes to the continuous improvement of these processes.
* Other duties as required and requested by management
Skills & Experience Required:
* University degree in computer science, geoinformatics or related disciplines;
* Professional background in one or more of: photogrammetry, computer vision, image processing, stereo vision and 3D modelling;
* Computer Science knowledge: C, C++, MS Visual Studio, GPU Programming and Computer Graphics;
* Solid background in mathematics, algorithms and data structures.
* Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
* True team player, reactive & proactive, motivated to work in an international cross-team collaboration
* Ability to document and present major platform design decisions and their rationales to technical and non-technical audiences
* Ability to adapt well to changing priorities in a fast-paced development environment
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D