Concierge - Security Manager $20.00/Hr.
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Universal Protection Service LP
CONCIERGE - SECURITY MANAGER $20.00/HR.
Are you looking for a growing company with great benefits and future opportunities* Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America s leading security services provider. With over 140,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business.
Allied Universal seeks an enthusiastic, passionate Concierge Manager to oversee our Concierge and Security Team at an up-scale Portland, OR location. This is a newly created position.
Should have excellent Concierge experience, and at least two (2) years\' experience managing a team. Must be willing to undergo a thorough background check.
$20.00/Hr. After applying, please contact our Portland office # 503.284.5050
To demonstrate success in this role, you must have proven leadership skills to build and optimize our team at this prestigious location! If you are a dynamic leader with a passion for service excellence and would like to be an integral part of our success, please consider joining our team! Under the direction of the Branch Manager, this position oversees and coordinates site activities related to concierge and security, including delegating work, communicating goals and expectations, coaching, and training his or her Team members to ensure effective execution of duties.
Please review the below responsibilities carefully. If you meet this criteria, please apply online.
* Responsible for day to day supervision, motivation, coaching and training of site employees, specifically executing site-specific orientations including review of Post Orders, routine responsibilities, and how to respond to emergency situations or specific clients needs.
* Directly responsible for ensuring all training modules and tests are administered according to company guidelines. May also assist in conducting performance evaluations.
* Make post inspections on a continuing basis and spend the quality time required to acknowledge and ensure adequate employee performance, including inspection of appearance and review of the actual duties performed by personnel.
* Assist Management in implementing the emergency procedures established for the building. In their absence, take responsibility to implement emergency procedures during fires, earthquakes, power failures, etc. Also assist in the operation of Fire/Life/Safety systems in an emergency situation.
* Coordinate and report to Management on the status and upkeep of systems and equipment.
* Identify any personnel problems occurring at posts, such as payroll issues, employee relations complaints or other concerns, and forward any such issues to Manager as appropriate.
* May be responsible for writing a report of the situation or assisting with an investigation, as directed by HR.
* Responsible for making recommendations for counseling and/or disciplinary action, including termination. May be responsible for administering counseling or disciplinary actions.
* Respond to minor incidents that occur, ensuring appropriate action is taken, all reports are properly completed, and appropriate parties are notified in a timely manner.
* Responsible for maintaining positive client/security relationships through frequent tenant/client contact and support.
* Review daily all logs and incident reports, and pass on to Management any unusual occurrences, disciplinary issues, call offs, or missing documentation.
Why Allied Universal* For all full time positions we offer, anniversary bonus, on the spot recognition program, medical, dental, vision, flex spending, and 401K. Become one of Allied Universals many success stories. We proudly support the Veterans Jobs Mission, a group of leading U.S. companies whose goal is to collectively hiring a total of one million military Veterans.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required. Some college education or business classes preferred.
* For positions that require driving, qualified applicants must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid driver's license for the state in which applying.
* Minimum 8 years of professional-level industry experience required.
* Experience in scheduling, operations or other functions of the security industry a plus. Some client sites may have specific requirements, such as high-rise building security experience, that will be required in addition to any company specifications.
* Must possess or be willing to obtain a valid Guard License for the state of Oregon.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* Ability to write effective and concise reports in neat, legible handwriting is required. Working knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office software and email a considerable plus.
* Demonstrated ability to be very customer service oriented, with the ability to professionally interact with all levels of individuals in a courteous manner, and to de-escalate situations before they become hostile or unpleasant.
* Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
* Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
* Ability to train and coach others, and to effectively enforce post orders, security standards and company policies equitably and consistently.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via regular telephone equipment), and must be able to read computer screens, correspondence and reports in English.
* The employee must constantly walk, stand, reach with both hands and arms, and may drive a vehicle. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. May be required to climb stairs, ladders or ramps on a regular basis. May require periodic running. Must be able to perform these duties in the event of a
* security or emergency situation and be able to take a leadership role in assisting others to perform these functions.
* The job is generally performed in various environments, including outdoors, in parking structures, and in office settings, and the employee may be subject to adverse conditions such as rain, cold or heat for extended periods of time.
* The ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines (copiers, printers, etc.) and telephones, but occasionally may be above-normal for portions of the shift.
* The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
* Must be able to focus and multi-task in busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
* Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
West - Allied Universal Security