Concord - EMT FT 8/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY: Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls and delivers high quality patient care and customer service within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols and company policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in which assigned.
* Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system components and company policy.
* Maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
* Complies with all state and company requirements for operation of motor vehicle.
* Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
No application will be considered complete without the following attachments:
* DMV print out (must be within 3 weeks of application date)
* California Drivers License
* EMT Certifications
* CPR Card ( Check local EMS website for approved providers)
* Ambulance Drivers Certificate
* Medical Examiners Card
* Proof of vaccines to include: TDaP, TB testing, MMR, Hepatitis B, and Varicella (Chicken Pox) and Influenza. Titers demonstrating immunity may be substituted for the proof of vaccination. Proof of vaccines in progress will be accepted.
High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Minimum of 18 years of age. Must have current Emergency Medical Technician certification for the state of California, Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS/CPR) certification, California Driver's License, California Ambulance Driver's license, Medical Examiner's Certificate, and driving record in compliance with AMR policy regarding insurability. Emergency vehicle operation knowledge and Radio communication skills preferred. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and as a team member, employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas, read, interpret, and follow instructions, perform the essential job functions are required.
AMR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.