This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
RQ Construction, LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONSince 1996, RQC, LLC. has been a leading player in Southern California's robust commercial and governmental Design-Build economy. We now have a national presence with current projects approaching $300M, spanning coast to coast.
Headquartered in beautiful Carlsbad, CA, we are a full-service Design-Build company. We offer management of projects throughout the United States, with our field operations' team members who work on location for each of our projects. We specialize in fast-track projects in new commercial construction for both public and private clients, with a primary focus in the Department of Defense market.
We are seeking a qualified Concrete Superintendent candidate to join our team for a project at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Travel/Relocation is required. The assignment for this position is expected to last through 2017 mid-year or longer depending on new work awarded to the Company and individual employee performance. Housing is provided, as well as transportation on/off of Guantanamo Bay. Health Insurance benefits available at very competitive, discounted rates. Passport required. Competitive pay.
Superintendents are responsible for the daily supervision, direction, and coordination of all construction work activities, assigned employees, and subcontractors on a project job site, to safely produce quality work, within the project requirements (i.e., RFP, plans, specifications, and proposal documents) targeted budget, schedule, and in alignment with RQ's Mission, Vision, and Values. In addition, this candidate will focus on managing the concrete trades on assigned projects.
* A high school diploma or GED is the minimum formal education required for this position.
* College courses or degree in construction management, engineering, etc. preferred.
* Five or more years work experience in a Superintendent position (e.g., scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, safety, and production of all phases in construction) on medium-sized projects is required. Government, military, or large commercial construction experience preferred. Work in the design-build industry and on large-sized projects is preferred.
* Four or years (required) managing concrete trade crews involved with all stages of concrete preparation and placement work (Both flat work and with walls) including screeding and finishing surfaces of poured concrete, such as floors, walks, sidewalks, roads, or curbs using a variety of hand and power tools, as well as layout and construction of formwork to construct foundations, curbs, ramps, walls (up to 10 feet tall), and columns. Experience with planning concrete work and allocating concrete manpower, as well as managing between concrete work and other of other trades preferred.
* Eight or more years (or equivalent) concrete field or trade work experience in the construction industry required, including expert knowledge of all standard concrete tools. Experience with concrete and formwork takeoffs, as well as concrete formwork, pouring, and finishing work preferred. Concrete experience with mobile mixers a plus.
* Computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Internet, etc.) required.
* Specific software literacy (Primavera 3/6, Viewpoint, BIM, Revit) preferred.
* CPR, First Aid, and OSHA 3