Conference Plan Coordinator 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Onsite Audio Visual Conferencing Coordinators are responsible for coordinating client site AV integration projects to meet profitability, quality, and safety and customer satisfaction objectives. This position reports to the Program Manager or Strategic Onsite Manager.
* Facilitate plan, design and deliver Audio Visual collaboration technology in client conference rooms to support company meetings and conferences.
* Responsible for acquiring information to develop client AV conference requirements including site surveys, room scheduling, preliminary design; trades scheduling
* Requires demonstrable project management experience in delivering conference-room based collaboration technology, with an emphasis on high-quality projection, control & audio/video conferencing solutions. Responsible for direction of personnel and activities on project site.
* Meet with customers, suppliers and planners to evaluate site-specific requirements, such as HVAC, electrical, network etc.
* Work with the Audio Visual supplier's engineers to recommend technical & facility architecture
* Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of presentation, audio and video products, including supplier services and vendor management.
* Work with the client and UAW trades to obtain labor and material quotes for facility preparation, obtain clearances & consult on electrical, plant and HVAC remediation requirements
* Assume ownership of assigned conference room installation projects, including acting as lead for project planning, execution and communication processes.
* Obtain and read all contract documents including, but not limited to: bid drawings and specifications, contract, project workbook, subcontractor scopes of work, and construction schedule.
* Acquire a thorough understanding of project requirements and objectives.
* Attend project kick-off meeting that includes key participants including client, sales, engineering, fabrication, and installation and UAW trades.
* Coordinate all in house activities associated with project execution.
* Create, update and manage the client quote log and Room Build Plan schedule.
* Function as the focal point for project communication and documentation.
* Coordinate activities with general contractor, construction manager, owner and other trades as required.
* Provide regular reports of job progress to client and Project Manager.
* Cooperatively manage and monitor the labor and installation personnel over the course of the project and communicate (upward) any issues Generate and/or respond to construction communication *
* Regularly inspect installation work performed by staff and/or subcontractors.
* At least 2 years of hands-on technical experience with the following Audio Visual systems: Control, Presentation (projection & display), Audio conferencing and voice reinforcement, and video conferencing
* Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple & concurrent medium-to-large conference room build projects.
* Experience and understanding of IP conferencing technology and standards, audio conferencing, collaboration tools and techniques and conference room control systems and hardware (Tandberg, Cisco, AMX, Extron, Crestron, BIAMP).
* Exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to supervise and manage tasks and personnel to meet project objectives.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Visio, WebEx, SharePoint and AutoCAD viewing or markup utilities.
* Ability to generate timely, concise, and effective business correspondence.
* Ability to read and comprehend project technical documents including, but not limited to: engineering and architectural drawings, schedules, test reports, or commissioning documents.
* Ability to create and maintain construction schedules.
* Ability to interact with employees, customers and colleagues in a professional and courteous manner.
* Effective time management and attention to detail.
* Ability to think and work independently & meet necessary deadlines.
* Effective interaction with employees, customers and colleagues.
* Attention to detail.
* Problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
* Creative thinker.
* PC proficient - must already know your way around a computer.
* Must possess a valid Driver s License and be a safe driver.
* Strong desire to learn and be trained.
* Adhere to and understand OSHA standards for all phases of the job.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Associated Technical trade school Diploma or College Diploma (BS/BA degree preferred)
* CTS Certification
Dearborn, Michigan, United States