Configuration Management Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
San Diego, CA
3010 Cubic Defense Applications, Inc.
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic
Provides and implements configuration management requirements, as defined by Cubic Defense Applications, Inc. (CDA) procedures and contract requirements. Establishes and maintains configuration control during the life of the product for a major program/product line. Writes Configuration Management Plan, sets up electronic repositories, Provides configuration management and audit plans, co-chairs Change Board, interfaces with the customers, and co-chairs configuration audits. Assists in the coordination, planning and implementation of continuous process improvements to CM procedures. Acts as back up for the CM Manager. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
* Performs configuration management duties by implementing the objectives, policies, and procedures of the Configuration Management Group and ensures compliance with contractual configuration management requirements.
* Implements configuration management processes using enabling technology for control, change control, and release of configuration items.
* Prepares configuration management plans which define CDA s methods to comply with contractual and commercial, military and international configuration management requirements.
* Prepares configuration audit plans for customer approval. Co-chairs configuration audits and provides all configuration data necessary to support an audit. Documents audit action items.
* Responsible for co-chairing Change Board, and creating and distributing agendas and minutes. Advises and provides guidance concerning configuration management issues to Program Management and Change Board.
* Prepares cost proposals and written proposals defining CDA s procedures for configuration control for new business. Provides support on new business proposals, including the coordination from others within the CM department and cost estimate inputs.
* Participates in internal and customer program reviews by providing configuration project status, making presentations and interfacing with the customer.
* Assists in the preparation/modification/continuous process improvement of configuration management procedures and company policies and procedures pertaining to configuration management.
* Performs or oversees and reviews the monthly standardized measurements.
* Establishes and maintains software baseline definition, labeling, identification and release.
* Documents the version description and other configuration management data as needed.
* Assesses the various versions/releases of designated software through inspection and research.
* Receives products from authorized sources. Verifies for completeness and places under control software, documentation and other items. Updates database and tracks location of configuration items.
* Generates status accounting reports as required.
* Provides leadership and direction to lower level employees.
* Prepares status and estimates-for-completion for assigned programs.
* Performs duties as cost account manager when assigned.
Four-year college degree, or equivalent, in business administration or related field, plus six years experience in all areas of configuration management. Requires comprehensive knowledge of engineering drawings, release and change control procedures using military, commercial and international standards as they pertain to configuration management and documentation. CMMI and SAP experience preferred. Must be capable of defining and working to contractual requirements. Must have the ability to work with and effectively communicate with all levels of management and customer representatives. Ability to make good configuration management decisions with minimal supervision. Experience with process improvement desirable. Must be able to complete multiple tasks and work under deadlines. Capable of working at a computer terminal (work station) for extended periods. Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively interface with technical employees, management and customers. May require domestic and foreign travel. Security clearance may be required.