Since 1896, Zodiac Aerospace has been contributing to the development of aeronautics. Following our pioneering spirit, Zodiac continues to advance in aerospace equipment and systems. Currently employing over 26,000 people worldwide, Zodiac continues to support the needs of our clients through innovation and responsiveness to market challenges. Zodiac Cabin and Structures is the world's leading provider of integrated cabin interiors. Our mission is to design, certify, manufacture, and support the world's most innovative aircraft interiors and composite structures.
The Configuration Manager's responsibility is to direct and oversee all activities relating to configuration management. She/he provides expertise to the organization in all aspects of configuration management. The Configuration Manager is typically responsible for multiple programs. Specific programs may have a dedicated Configuration Manager delegated with program specific configuration management responsibility.
Summary of Duties:
- Create, review, approve, release, and maintain Configuration Management Plans in support of program requirements.
- Create and maintain company operating standards and guidelines related to configuration management.
- Coordinate all configuration management related activities with the OEM customer configuration management organization including setting of change implementation effectivity.
- Prepare, review, and approve the documentation required to control engineering data. Support both external and internal customers as required.
- Prepare summary reports and metrics of the configuration management process for internal management and the customer.
- Ensure that customer configuration management requirements are implemented and review change accounting activity to ensure compliance with configuration management policies.
- Chairs the Change Control Board (CCB) meeting
- Perform, evaluate, and refine Configuration Control Board (CCB) activities and processes.
- Propose and implement improvements to the configuration management process.
- Provide subject matter expertise on all areas of configuration management.
- Provide guidance and expertise in the establishment and maintenance of configuration baselines.
- Provide configuration management knowledge in support of Configuration/Data Management, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) or other web-based or network-based collaborative data management tools.
- Perform, evaluate, and refine configuration status accounting reporting (CSAR) activities. Recommend and implement improvements.
- Manage the activities of the configuration management Engineers and Document Control to meet program and customer requirements.
- Ensure that all necessary configuration management personnel, facilities and equipment resources are available.
- Providing training for personnel on configuration management.
- Support configuration management audits for compliance to AS9100 standards
Education: BS or BA degree in Business Management or equivalent in a related field (e.g. Information Systems) required. Posses CMIIB and CMIIC certifications and is working towards CMIIP (CMII Professional) certification.
Minimum 10-15 years in Configuration Management, Possess and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures in field, Thorough understanding of EIA-649, MIL-HDBK-61, and ISO-10007 standards, Some training and experience in Lean methods and process mapping, Able to work directly with the OEM customer CM organization
MS Office Suite, MS Windows, MS Excel macro programming a plus, CATIA V5 (View/Analyze) and SmarTeam preferred, Some knowledge of relational databases a plus.
For immediate consideration, please submit resume in Word or Pdf format. Interviewing now!