This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Saint Paul, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: CONFIGURATION MANAGER
LOCATION: WOODBURY, MN
DURATION: LONG TERM
* Responsible for the configuration management process in terms of process maturity. Applies knowledge of process best practices and supporting technology solutions for continued process improvement.
* Analyzes user needs and available data, along with documentation requirements, design documentation and workflows. Works with application developers to build, test, and implement new or modified functionality in support of the Configuration Management process.
* Participates in benchmarking discussions with organizations to ensure the CMDB contents and structure are aligned with other ACT processes and industry best practices.
* Participates in the design and implementation of systems that interact with the CMDB.
* Ability to understand multiple infrastructure environments for change coordination.
* Skills in oral and written communication, problem solving, analyzing, and leadership.
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
* Ability to advocate and educate the benefits of process within the organization.
* Two to five years' experience in IT INFRASTRUCTURE RESPONSIBILITIES.
* Experience with MS ACCESS OR OTHER DATABASE MANAGEMENT TOOLS
* Experience with WRITING CODE/TECHNICAL SCRIPTS INCLUDING SQL
* Familiarity with reporting concepts / tools
* Configuration Management concept knowledge.
* Database experience and concepts knowledge.
* Experience in a CHANGE CONTROL related position.
* Experience in developing, documenting and implementing standard methods and procedures, especially as they relate to new (replacement) system implementations.
* Familiarity with compliance requirements such as Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
* Experience training, coaching and consulting, including development of job aids, user guides, FAQ, etc.
* ITIL FOUNDATION CERTIFICATION
* ITIL Practitioner certification (or current equivalent)