Configuration Managment Release Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Software Configuration Manager will join our team of requirements engineers, developers, and testers and assist them in developing and releasing medical devices for the Point-of-Care market. The primary responsibility for this position is to perform software configuration management responsibilities. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Software Development within the instrument software development organization in the Point-of-Care business area.
Perform configuration management responsibilities for the instrument software development organization.
* Establish and maintain the integrity of all work products including requirements, design, code, test procedures, and software releases
* Generate and execute software configuration management plans for multiple products
* Administer the source code control system
* Establish baselines and control changes to configuration items
* Perform configuration audits
* Perform release readiness reviews
* Build, test, document, and release software products
* Estimate, plan, and track software configuration management tasks and provide project status to management.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience include:
* BS/BA in related discipline or equivalent
* Minimum 3 years of software configuration management
* Minimum 6 years working within a software development organization
* Experience establishing configuration management policies
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent attention to detail
* Ability to establish, train and audit the software change management process
* Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and adjust priorities
* Knowledge of version control tools using branching strategies
* Experience with defect tracking
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience include:
* Agile software development methodology
* Team Foundation Server source code control and build management
* Operating Systems (Android, Windows Embedded)
* Programming Languages (C#, Java)
* IDEs (Microsoft Visual Studio, intellij)
* Ability to generate OS platforms (Platform builder, target designer)
* Automated static code analysis tools
* Using VM for deployment of development and test environment
* Experience working in an FDA regulated environment developing medical devices