Conflicts - New Matters Clerk 8/24/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CONFLICTS, NEW MATTERS CLERK - SPLIT SHIFT, SAT-SUN 10PM-7 AM EST AND MON-WED 1AM-10AM EST
_New York, NY_
The New York office of a premier, global, law firm is seeking a Conflicts/New Matters Clerk who will be responsible for working closely with firm attorneys, other Conflicts Clerks, Analysts, and the Intake/Conflicts Manager, as well as other members of the New Business Intake Department. This position reports to the Intake/Conflicts Manager.
The position requires acute attention to detail, accuracy, as well as organizational and researching capabilities. This position is responsible for upholding the standards of quality, consistency, accuracy, thoroughness, and customer service as defined and implemented by the Department.
* Input/remove attorney alerts and flags;
* Updating client and matter data;
* Assist reviewing information on new client intake documents;
* Assist with processing new business intake forms and data;
* Assist inputting information into client/matter database;
* Heavy data entry;
* and other tasks as assigned.
* Excellent keyboarding skills, with the ability to type 60 wpm with 95% accuracy;
* Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
* Excellent oral and written communication skills;
* Must be extremely detailed oriented, organized and have great follow through skills;
* Must be able to juggle and prioritize multiple projects;
* The ability to pay close attention to detail and to carefully follow instructions and adhere to established procedures is critical;
* Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality;
* Must be able to work overtime, weekends and holidays.
* 1year of legal conflicts experiencepreferred.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and CMS/Aderant a plus.