Construction Analyst 9/4/2016
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The Construction Analyst is responsible for coordinating with, and between, the Project Manager, general contractor, architect and other PRG vendors. The Construction Analyst works closely with the Project Manager to follow up on various tasks associated with store development, including drawing production, permitting, construction, and job closeout. The position works with the Project Management Team in entering and updating information in Expesite.
The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this jobs duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
* Creates and maintains project construction files and uploads documents to Expesite System. Works closely with Project Management team to make sure that information in Expesite is accurately input and updated.
* Handles and follows up on close-out items that general contractors upload into Expesite. Processes notice of completion with the appropriate office after store opening.
* Coordinates with Project Manager, general contractors and public agencies on new store construction.
* Responsible for sending out, following up on, and posting general contractor bids, as well as processing tracking and retrieving the final release of all construction-related bonds.
* Assists Supervisor and/or Project Manager with training new employees, vendors, and contractors on procedures and processes related to the companys construction process.
* Works with Project Manager to update information in Expesite related to construction schedule, milestones, and budgets.
* Reviews and issues ground break reports, coordinates bond issuance and tracking, and executes notices of completion.
* Assists Project Managers with the qualification of potential new general contractors by conducting financial ration analysis and verifies qualifications by contacting references.
* Works with utility vendors to coordinate set up and proper installation of utilities on new project construction.
* Bachelors degree, or equivalent experience, preferably in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related retail construction field
* Minimum three years of project coordination experience, preferably in the retail/hospitality industry.
* Successful completion of annual store training
Panda Restaurant Groups culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.