- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Construction Billing & Collection Specialist
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Air Systems Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Air Systems Inc. is a TOTAL FACILITIES SOLUTION for HVAC, Architectural Sheet Metal, Preventive Maintenance & Service, Electrical, High Purity Process Piping, Plumbing, Building Automation Systems and Energy Solutions.
Job Title: Construction Billing & Collection Specialist
Job Summary: The Construction Billing and Collection Specialist are the last steps in the construction job process and as such each plays a vital role in ensuring our external customer s billing satisfaction and prompt payment is received from the customer.
The overarching expectation of every position in the Accounting Department is to provide excellent service to our customers, both internal and external. For this position excellent external customer service includes, but is not limited to, promptly resolving any customer issues and securing timely payment of all invoices. Excellent internal customer service includes, but is not limited to, promptly replying to requests related to the position s responsibilities ( e.g. processing requests, reporting requests, etc.) and communicating to the other members of the billing process and relevant stakeholders any and all pertinent information ( e.g. customer preferences, customer policy changes, etc.).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Demonstrate excellent oral, written and electronic communication. Ensure the coordination of information and confidentiality of communications within the agency.
* Demonstrate and maintain professional and productive working relationships with all agency departments, staff, board members, and community.
* Ensure the maintenance of departmental operations to achieve compliance with accreditation, contract requirements, Federal/State/Local regulations and all other licensing/regulatory agencies as directed.
* Complete administrative tasks according to assigned timelines. As assigned, attend meetings and actively participate in internal and external committees, implement all approved policy changes as directed. Demonstrate initiative with accuracy and neatness of work.
* Ensure all internal control steps are completed each month in a timely manner.
* Demonstrate superior interpersonal skills in the following areas: tactfulness, maturity, flexibility, resourcefulness, professionalism, diplomacy, reasoning, and decisiveness.
* Able to organize and complete work with minimal supervision..
* Demonstrate ability to spot calculation errors and correct them.
* Process all billing requests prior to the external customer s billing deadlines, in compliance with their requirements and/or preferences, and free of errors. This includes both progress billings and retention billings.
* Build strong positive relationships with the external customer. This includes, but is not limited to, providing a level of customer service that instills confidence that their issues will be resolved in a timely fashion and in a manner that meets or exceeds their expectations in a timely fashion.
* Research and resolve any customer billing issues and/or questions in a manner that meets or exceeds their expectations. This includes, but is not limited to, reviewing job files, reviewing cash application, and reconciling jobs.
* Research and resolve any billing related questions that arise during the monthly CIP meetings.
* Manage the collection of outstanding invoices so that payment will be received quickly, customers billing issues are promptly and proactively identified and resolved, and customers have an excellent billing experience. Maintaining a clean and up-to-date Accounts Receivable Aging is essential to this responsibility
* Ensure the accurate application of customer payments to the correct invoices
* Research and resolve any customer billing issues and/or questions. This includes, but is not limited to, reviewing job files, reviewing cash application, and reconciling jobs
* Monitor and manage the pre-lien process. This includes, but is not limited to, tracking pre-lien notices and obtaining all lien releases required for customer payment
* Assist Air Systems and the Accounting Department in any reasonable capacity required
* High School Diploma/GED
* Proficient on MS Office Suite Excel
* Construction experience preferred and Job costing.
* AIA & GMP Billing highly preferred.
* Attention to Detail
* Be able to multi-task
* Excellent Organization
* Ability to problem solve
* Team Player
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment
* Creative use of skills and resources to get the job done
AIR SYSTEMS, INC. STANDARDS OF SUCCESS
* Attitude of Safety First
* Work Ethic of loyalty, integrity, pride, perseverance, accountability, respect and teamwork
* Strong ambition to succeed
* Adheres to company policies and procedures
* Represents company in a positive and professional manner
* Available to work for extended hours in order to meet deadlines
* Handles oneself with professionalism during stressful situations
* Maintains positive attitude and morale
* Interacts effectively with all members of the organization and all outside associates
* Completes responsibilities diligently
* Thinks strategically and takes into account long-term implications of one s actions
* Works independently, exercises discretion, applies common sense and makes competent decisions.
* Complies with designated work schedule
* Uses company resources wisely
* Constantly analyzes for ways to improve individual and/or company performance.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled