Construction Contract Administrator 9/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONKennedy/Jenks Consultants is an employee-owned, full-service engineering and environmental sciences consulting firm, serving private and public sector clients throughout the United States. We are approaching our 100-year anniversary and have a legacy of providing award-winning, innovative solutions to our most significant environmental challenges.
The Construction Contract Administrator will provide technical advice and support to field personnel concerning construction change order proposal pricing, analysis, and negotiation. The Construction Contract Administrator reports directly to the Regional Construction Manager and is responsible for administering construction projects. This person is responsible for assembling request for proposal documents, preparing estimates, claim analysis, change negotiation, administration of allowances, developing and implementing procedures, assisting in all aspects of the change order process, and providing day-to-day support to the staff overseeing the construction work.
* Support Contract Administration Managers, Project Managers, and Resident Engineers regarding the review and analysis of contractor proposals, time and material pay estimates and change order costs including wage rates, labor hours, materials, equipment, overhead and negotiated profit factors.
* Ensure that change orders are processed in accordance with Change Order Guidelines and applicable contact documents.
* Provide assistance with the project staff in the review, cost analysis, estimates, negotiations, and resolution of change order issues and extra work authorizations.
* Attend negotiation meetings with the project staff and contractors and assist with proposal analysis presentation.
* Attend job progress and schedule meetings as required, and visit job sites and field offices to obtain firsthand knowledge of the change order scope.
* Write a comprehensive record of negotiations and explanation of why additional work is necessary.
* Draft extra work order letters, change order and claim correspondence.
* Review specifications, drawings and other contract documents and provide merit determinations concerning extra work claims.
* Interpret and apply contracting principles, applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
* Write a comprehensive description of the scope of work to be performed.
* Proactively resolve problem issues and expedite the change order process.
* Coordinate interface with Capital Management System (CMS) staff and Information Technology Department (ITD) systems.
* Assist with maintaining an appropriate central filing system for change order records and documents.
* Respond to each inquiry, whether from a customer, vendor or co-worker in a courteous and professional manner.
* Perform related duties and projects as assigned.
* Bachelors of Arts or Bachelors of Science Degree in Business, Engineering, Public Administration of other related field with a minimum of three to five years experience performing complex professional or heavy/highway/transit contract administration, or the equivalent combination of training, education and related work experience.
* Experience with Capital Program public construction environments and alternative delivery methodologies are preferred.
* This position requires excellent analytical, negotiation, problem solving, communication skills and a working knowledge of construction contract principles.
* The candidate must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office software.
* Working knowledge of critical path scheduling methodologies, including Primavera software, is preferred.
* Must be able to coordinate a wide range of responsibilities, work productivity under time constraints and be able to interact effectively with a broad array of project participants.
As an employee-owned firm, Kennedy/Jenks offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to a maintaining a positive work/life experience. Kennedy/Jenks Consultants provides excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits packages, including career advancement opportunities, outstanding training opportunities, stock ownership, profit sharing and excellent health, dental, and life insurance.
Kennedy/Jenks Consultants is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.