Construction Controls Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONBrick Staffing is searching for a CONSTRUCTION CONTROLS COORDINATOR for our client in Escondido, CA. The Construction Controls Coordinator supports the VP of Construction Operations to reach company goals by developing, implementing, documenting, training, measuring and enforcing company project management policies, procedures and documents related to the administration and management of the Company's construction projects.
* Work with Senior Operations Management to develop and update and maintain all written project management processes and procedures (includes contracts, purchasing, change orders, RFI's submittals, daily reports, cost reporting, issue tracking).
* Work within the _VISTA BY VIEWPOINT_software to develop and become the champion of this project management tool to enable and support the company's project management processes and procedures.
* Train, or arrange training, of all project management processes and procedures to all relevant employees.
* Review and monitor key processes and procedures as directed by the VP of Operations to ensure that the company policies are being followed by the project teams.
* Develop dashboard reports. Work with the VP of Operations and the Director of Construction Engineering to schedule and follow-up on the initial job-start and bid-handoff functions of each project.
* Work with the Purchasing Administrative Assistant to ensure that the PCR and purchasing process is functioning timely and efficiently and to serve as a backup as needed.
* Work with the Cost Reporting Administrator to schedule monthly cost forecast updates by project managers and quarterly deep dive meetings.
* Work with the Cost Reporting Administrator to schedule monthly project status reports by project managers.
* Help develop new processes and procedures to respond to new challenges such as joint venture projects and new project types and locations. Special projects as needed.
The candidate must have a High School diploma, and college degreepreferred. Minimum of 5 years' experience in project management administration. Working knowledge of various common project management systems. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) as well as the use of the internet. Ability to design and think in terms of "systems" and processes. Ability to work with database systems to learn to customize Vista by Viewpoint input screens and reports. Must have good communications and mathematical skills. Strong attention to detail. Ability to work independently and as part of a team