Construction Coordinator 9/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its Oxy Midstream and Marketing subsidiary gathers, processes, transports, stores, purchases and markets oil, condensate, natural gas liquids, natural gas, carbon dioxide and power. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Centurion Pipeline is an oil-gathering, common carrier pipeline and storage system within the Midstream organization and operates approximately 2,750 miles of crude oil pipelines.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of CONSTRUCTION COORDINATOR based in MIDLAND OR LEVELLAND, TEXAS.
* Reports directly to the Manager of Construction Management
* Accountable for the management of assigned construction activities related to pipeline, pump station and tank construction/repair activities.
* Direct and manage contract inspection overseeing construction projects, including determination of work assignments, schedules and priorities, direction of work, and ensure appropriate levels of oversight of contractors are achieved. Uniform, practical implementation of construction policies and procedures.
* Ensures that the projects proceed in accordance with the scope of work, all applicable specifications, manuals and codes, as well as contractual agreements.
* Disseminates and explains Company specifications and project specific documentation to the Inspectors / Inspection staffs.
* Identifies and communicates resource requirements such as survey, inspection, materials, test equipment, etc.
* Assists Project Management with project scopes of work reviews, bid packages and selection of contractor.
* Assists Project Management with proper Inspection requirements and aiding in finding the correct competent inspection personnel for each project.
* Serves as a technical liaison between the Project Manager and Contractor.
* High level of knowledge with all applicable codes: API, ASME, OSHA, DOT & 49CFR Part 195.
* High technical level in routing of potentially new pipelines, constructability issues and construction field management.
* Collaboration with Operations, Engineering and Business Development peers to develop and implement construction cost savings early in the project life-cycle.
* Maximum satisfaction of both new and existing internal and external customers, and their requirements
* Safe and reliable construction of pipeline and tank systems
* Travel up to 50 % of the time.
* High school degree (or GED equivalent), with a minimum 2 years college course background or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum of 10-15 years experience in the energy sector, with a strong background in construction management and construction.
* Extensive experience with DRI, Data Records Integrity.
* Working knowledge of contract administration, federal, state and local underground regulations, piping systems and installation of crude oil transmission and distribution systems.
* Familiarity with the construction and operation of crude oil pipeline and tank operations, SCADA, electrical and instrumentation systems.
* Proficient use of Microsoft Office software including MS Project, MS Word and MS Excel.
* Ability to negotiate business agreements and resolve disputes as per agreed upon contract language.
* Experience coordinating multiple parties (through direct authority and indirect authority/influence) to the successful completion of a project.
* Ability to lead and participate in collaborative behavior.
* Can utilize independent judgment and make informed and timely decisions to meet project needs.
* Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with all stakeholders, contractors, staffs, etc.
* Strong interpersonal, communications, analytical and construction management skills.
* CWI certification is highly desired.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status